So. We still don’t know what will come

Germany

Thank you Peter!

etn
EDQN, Germany
Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Here: link

I hope the link works. In case it does not work for you, you can try googling the following yourself: nachrichten für luftfahrer “2023-1-2792”
(Don’t google NfL, you’ll only find american football games for the 2023 season :D )

EDIT: PS. this looks like the document has been placed, perhaps by mistake, on a server from the Saxony state. Not sure whether it will remain there or not – particularly if DFS or LBA want to cash in on it (which is a shame if you ask me. Those documents, as well as others such as AIP, should be available free of charge!)

Last Edited by etn at 23 Apr 17:04
etn
EDQN, Germany

Wo kann man die denn finden?

There’s nothing yet on the servers of LBA or DFS. Do we still have to pay money to download new NFLs??

Germany

The next step towards more flying without Flugleiter presence is taken. Germany has relased a new NfL (as always, behind a paywall also also German only) which modifies the basic regulations for RFF at airports.

In a nutshell, it says that at the smaller GA airfields, anything but Part-CAT does not necessarily require RFF and therefore no Flugleiter to take off and land (let‘s not discuss what is Part-CAT and what isn‘t; it gets tedious quickly).

Again, airfields still need to make changes to their operating license to make use of it.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Most of these ‘unmanned PPR’ are just airfield log keeping? it’s required by regulations here and there…
I visited Pittsford (no PPR), it has an airfield log (required by some law), it was inside the bin !

Frans wrote:

Buochs (LSZC) charges 350 CHF if you cancel within 12 hours upfront or after 3 pm on Friday for planned movements during the weekend.

I guess that covers the cost of paving the tarmac

Last Edited by Ibra at 04 Apr 17:05
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

Unmanned PPR is just silly.
Welcome to Europe. A lot of countries I know, have unmanned PPR. For example, most of Danish airfields are PPR for self-service outside AFIS hours. Almost all Norwegian (non-Avinor) and Swiss GA fields have PPR. Quite a lot Italian Aviosuperifce fields are PPR too. etc. etc.

Ibra wrote:
On out of hours PPR fees, are these required for PPR using app/website upfront? what happens if you cancel?
It depends on the airfield. Most of them won’t charge you anything, but some do… For example, Buochs (LSZC) charges up to 350 CHF if you cancel within 12 hours upfront or after 3 pm on Friday for planned movements during the weekend. I’m not sure if they would charge small GA during the week, when the Tower is open, but for canceled movements outside TWR opening hours, they’ll do.
Last Edited by Frans at 04 Apr 17:03
Switzerland

Let’s wait and see a bit. While a pinch of scepticism is certainly in order, on the other hand, there are several airfields that are really determined to improve things (the usability of the airfield) for pilots, including non-based pilots.

But yes, this change in ICAO Annex 14 will not suddenly cause things to change fundamentally in Germany. It will be bit by bit, and in case
of many airfields, it will not change a thing, ever.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

On out of hours PPR fees, are these required for PPR using app/website upfront? what happens if you cancel?

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom
184 Posts
Sign in to add your message