Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Pilots not discussing problems with their aircraft type publicly

I love it that RPN is so misunderstood and hated. I could always leave my calculator on my desk without fear of it being stolen.

Or it does get stolen, but a week later you will find it on eBay with a description like "keys and display seem to be working OK, but otherwise the calculator is defective and does not produce correct results" (no kidding, I'm just bidding on one like that on German eBay)!

EDDS - Stuttgart

In the end the main group kicked me out in 2008.

but you are still there with 4212 messages posted

EDxx, Germany

They didn't delete my account I can still read the site, and anyway anybody can knock up another login...

Some peoples' identity was deleted (usually but not always because they requested it) but their postings remain, under a name of "deleted user".

Way more than 0.01% of planes currently flying are under either an explicit warranty or under some scheme whereby the supplier is being pursued to fix something. Much of the Diamond and Cirrus population for example...

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Well, as the owner of a C150, everyone lines up to tell me what's wrong with it, so who am I to create an even more poor image of this much maligned type? Ummm, mine needs new carpet. I have the carpet in a roll, but have not had time to install it. Ahhh, that feels better... Burden unloaded...

My other plane is one of only 5 flying, so it's a really small owner's group. It is slower than a 150, on more power, it has poor handling and control harmony, it's a miserable tail dragger, and it's not particularly pretty. But, there is no better way to get a great boat, from my back yard, to the lake of my choice in such a short time....

Everything is a compromise.... (except good maintenance!)

Home runway, in central Ontario, Canada, Canada

I think on old planes the problem doesn't exist, because there is almost no way anybody will be "working with" their dealer in a special way.

People will still not advertise specific problems with theirs if they are trying to sell it, of course

I was warned many times that there is no way I will be able to sell my TB20 after e.g. the KFC225 writeup. Also that writeup has caused trouble for some TB20GT owners who tried to sell...

Perversely, one thing I learnt was that while buying a new plane has some obvious benefits (especially for a "green" owner) it brings problems because you have to maintain that dealer relationship, and the dealer can play on that need.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I have noticed this before. I am a past Bonanza owner (1955 F35 model) and I noticed that some members thought the airplane was perfect. If you criticized the aircraft in any way you were attacked on the forums.

But then the Twin Cessna group I belonged to in the States, when I owned my 310, was very candid about issues and shortcomings.

So maybe it depends on the age/status of the manufacturer. I am sure Cessna could care less what we think of the 310, 340, 414 etc now.

-Jason

Great Oakley, U.K. & KTKI, USA
16 Posts
Sign in to add your message