Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Corona / Covid-19 Virus - General Discussion (politics go to the Off Topic / Politics thread)

Outstanding book.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Talking of outstanding books. here is the latest John Hopkins Centre for Public Security, SPARS 2025-2028. The JHCS brought us Phase 1, COVID 19, and if you recall, we were all labeled as conspiracy theorists those that spoke out.

But hey, it all came true..

Now they offer Phase 2. Much darker though. Lets play a game on EuroGA..

Keep this thread for posterity and lets see if 2025-2028 plays out as they predict. We could run a book for the more financially adventurous.

https://jhsphcenterforhealthsecurity.s3.amazonaws.com/spars-pandemic-scenario.pdf

Last Edited by BeechBaby at 30 Nov 20:44
Fly safe. I want this thing to land l...
EGPF Glasgow

Not that it surprises me, giving this pdf into a search engine brings up a quick link by Snopes.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/coronavirus-65-million-people/

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Very good news (google translate from Hebrew).

Preliminary data on the new strain were revealed tonight in the “main edition” • The good news: the decrease in vaccine effectiveness is slight – and for booster recipients it is effective in both preventing serious illness and preventing infection • However, the risk of recovering in the variant is twice as high as in Delta • All details – and the worrying statistic about the risk of the unvaccinated becoming seriously ill

Bad news for the unvacced however, which presumably is why the UK (they will have the data even if not going public with it) is going as fast as they can to vacc loads. Greece is fining the unvaccinated €100/month, which is a new approach in Europe.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

Greece is fining the unvaccinated €100/month, which is a new approach in Europe.

Question will be how they will enforce that. Austria has also announced a compulsory vaccination. Same question. The psychological effect of such a rule is probably quite hefty though. Well, what ever works to get the 90% vaccination rate we need.

So the vaccines work against the new strain and some south african doctors claim effects are mild. Let’s hope they are right.

Cobalt wrote:

However, I consider it unlikely that the anglicised spelling of greek letters was designed for this particular instance…

Esp. as the Greek spelling of the letter is Oμικρον with a “κ” which would be correctly represented by a k and not a c. So if you want to create an anagram, it would be Media Kontrol – which is obviously even more spooky as this spelling error hides the true meaning of the message…

BeechBaby wrote:

I just find it another spooky fact.

Yeah, spooky – but I suppose you are really part of this whole thing. If not, how could you be so sure, that the true meaning of “Delta Omicron” is “Media Control” and not:
“Iceland Motor”, “Citadel Moron” or “Democrat Lion” – or the spelling with k is the correct one and it says “Tailored Monk”, “Marooned Kilt” or “A linked Motor” ?!?

;-)

Germany

Mooney_Driver wrote:

Question will be how they will enforce that.

Same way they enforce speeding tickets, flying w/o a license , etc. When they catch you during a check, you have to pay. Common and working practice with all fines

Germany

As others have said, it’s the threat that works. France was not doing well with vaxx until Macron announced the ‘pass sanitaire’ – without which you can’t go to a restaurant, cafe or bar, fly or take a long-distance train, go to a shopping mall, or various other things. Suddenly lots of people had an “I remember now” moment and decided to get themselves vaxxed. France is now up to over 85%. Sure, there are a few holdouts, the remnants of the “Gilets Jaunes” movement, but nobody is listening to them.

Implementation of the pass sanitaire has been amazingly smooth. Wherever you go, they scan your pass (on paper or your phone) with a phone app. It takes maybe 10 seconds. That has been key – if it really got in the way, I’m sure there would have been a lot more popular objection. As it is, it’s a non issue, and most people (i.e. the ones who have it!) understand why it’s a good idea and support it.

LFMD, France

johnh wrote:

Sure, there are a few holdouts, the remnants of the “Gilets Jaunes” movement, but nobody is listening to them.

I guess in that case also the press has denied them the platform ours regrettably got

here it became obvious following the referendum that the actual militants are far fewer than the extent of their campaign would have made you think.

johnh wrote:

Implementation of the pass sanitaire has been amazingly smooth. Wherever you go, they scan your pass (on paper or your phone) with a phone app. It takes maybe 10 seconds. That has been key

Here pretty much as well, apart that the PS is only valid with a photo ID, so you can’t take anyone elses. Generally it is totally without a problem to use and did so far allow quite a bit of freedom.

Right now we are back to masks everywhere however.

Mooney_Driver wrote:

and did so far allow quite a bit of freedom.

This, I think, is the crux of our philosophical disagreement on these things. I don’t believe that my freedom is something that only exists because the government permits it, but your statement is almost as though you consider freedom a bit of a bonus and not in any way fundamental?

The question of how easy or otherwise these health passes are to use is philosophically irrelevant.

EGLM & EGTN
Sign in to add your message