Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Corona / Covid-19 Virus - General Discussion (politics go to the Off Topic / Politics thread)

Here is the US breakdown for CV-19 deaths by age. It may not be 100% current but it looks to be close.

For comparison, during the pandemic 342 children 0-17 years old died from Coronavirus in the US. Prior to the pandemic, in 2019, 477 children died from seasonal flu, 38,000 died of other medical issues, 1,280 from auto accidents and 4,400 from suicide.

Last Edited by Silvaire at 14 Jul 15:01

Graham wrote:

- they aren’t fussed about getting covid
- they can’t be bothered to take time out of their day
- they work in jobs where you can’t just take an hour off on a Thursday morning to go and get jabbed
- they are busy and getting a jab just isn’t high on their priority list – they will do it, but when they get a chance rather than as soon as they are asked to

And they don’t care whether their indifference and egoism creates more problems for others. This is what has angered me massively during the whole pandemic. Even more so, that in some countries the spoilt brats now even get money if they vaccine themselves as a stimulus? WTF?

Personally I think all these excuses are totally weak and could be overcome. Why not make it regulation for businesses and schools to release workers/students to get the vaccine against proof of having done so? If every worker misses 2 hours of his work life, nobody is going to notice…. but if some of them miss for weeks because they got Covid, the damage is much bigger.

In the end I guess the easiest way to “convince” them that vaccination is not something they should regard as unimportant is to lock them out of any pleasureable activity if not able to present the vaccination certificate. Thankfully now some countries are moving in that direction at least for some people like health care workers and similar.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Being angry all the time is not healthy either.

Silvaire wrote:

For comparison, during the pandemic 342 children 0-17 years old died from Coronavirus in the US.

How many died from the vaccination?

Germany

Malibuflyer wrote:

How many died from the vaccination?

I’m sure not many, the data is not published AFAIK, but I think the argument against vaccinating kids who are almost immune to CV-19 is that the vaccine could be better used elsewhere (overseas), outside of the US, where vaccinations for older people are still in short supply.

Since I’m vaccinated and none the above is likely to have any effect on me one way or the other, no matter where I go, its not something about which I have strong motivations. As far as I’m concerned people can do whatever they want, and if I need a third booster shot at some point in the future I’ll be sure to get one.

PS There were actually 324 total US deaths of children (not 342) from CV-19, I made a typo above in presenting the data.

Last Edited by Silvaire at 14 Jul 17:05

Do you vaccinate kids in the USA? If not then the answer is probably ‘none’.

One of our nurses who was about 30 and very sporty, had 6 months off work with Covid. There’s a reason they use people on temporary contracts to staff the COVID wards: they’re entitled to less sick pay.

I don’t know how many “young people” are actually deterred by this, but around half of 18+ young people are of child-bearing age, and pregnant women in the UK are vigorously dissuaded from getting vaccinated. I imagine that could cause some “mixed messaging” …

White Waltham EGLM, United Kingdom

kwlf wrote:

Do you vaccinate kids in the USA?

Children 12 years and older are able to get the Pfizer Vaccine CDC Link

Mooney_Driver wrote:

And they don’t care whether their indifference and egoism creates more problems for others. This is what has angered me massively during the whole pandemic. Even more so, that in some countries the spoilt brats now even get money if they vaccine themselves as a stimulus? WTF?

In my opinion this is completely unfair if it referring to “the young people”. It’s more of the opposite.

Some 6 months ago, the older generation told the young: “It’s better for us that we are vaccinated so you have no right to get any vaccine. You need to understand this: In the pandemic we are more important and therefore we claim all the vaccine for us. How could you be so selfish to even ask for vaccination just because you want to have a normal life while we are not having a normal life either”

Now the older generations tells the young:" It’s better for us that you now get vaccinated so you ave no right to refuse. You need to understand this: In the pandemic we are more important than you and as many of us do not want to get vaccinated you now need to do the job. Don’t forget to say thank you that we graciously allow you to use the vaccines we don’t need. How could you be so selfish to not vaccinate just because you have the same irrational doubts that half of us also have?"

Or, to tell the long story shorter: If you tell a whole generation 6 months: “it’s not so important that you get vaccinated” it’s not a surprise that many of them actually believe it!

Last Edited by Malibuflyer at 15 Jul 06:14
Germany

Silvaire wrote:

For comparison, during the pandemic 342 children 0-17 years old died from Coronavirus in the US. Prior to the pandemic, in 2019, 477 children died from seasonal flu, 38,000 died of other medical issues, 1,280 from auto accidents and 4,400 from suicide.

A good summary of the situation.

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway
Sign in to add your message