Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Corona / Covid-19 virus - airport and flying restrictions, and licensing / medical issues

So in summary – have I missed anything? – YES

- Outbound from UK
Flight plan
GAR form NO
PCR test (UK requirement) NO
- Arrival In France
PNR Immigration/Customs No at LFAT
Sworn declaration – 30 seconds

- Departure from France
PNR Immigration/Customs – Not at LFAT
Flight Plan
GAR Form – NO
Witnessed negative test (lateral flow or PCR) (UK requirement). Can be outbound PCR if within 72 hours of boarding. – See above posts

- Arrival in UK
GAR Form (4 hours before arrival)
Personal Locator Forms (1 per pax) (needs Day 2 text serial number)
General Declaration Form C155 (1 per flight) – ??
Day 2 PCR test
Self isolation not required unless test positive

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

gallois wrote:

So is it possible to order up the tests and the reference number before I leave France, to be sent to the hotel I will be staying at in the UK?

Its difficult enough getting it delivered to your house.
Got this patronising email this morning after 5 days

Quite insane. All for a medirocre steak frites esssentially. Why not enjoy what the UK has to offer for one more summer? I know, the urge to international is always there and in fact, I don‘t know what I would do if I were living in the UK, but it isn‘t for a longish vacation, it is too much faff.

That’s because most of the “info” is bollocks and foreign travel is perfectly possible. The problem is that most people won’t get off their ar*se. And they won’t read what is posted here, because if they did they would all be doing it. BTW, FWIW, just so you know, if someone suggested that Germans stay in Germany, we would have an uprising and a mass exodus

Oh and BTW one would not go to LFAT to eat “medirocre steak frites”. Well, some might, I suppose, eating it while wearing their yellow jackets.

Why do you need a PCR test to leave the UK if vaccinated?

You don’t

Why do you need a GAR leaving the UK?

You don’t

Why do you need a C155 form?

Never heard of it.

If people actually read this thread whose purpose is to contain information on how to fly abroad, within Europe, and not just out of the UK they would see it is quite easy. Especially for a day trip like the one to LFAT, which needs just one PCR test for the whole lot, and you can get those down to about £40. Admittedly the £40 ones will probably never return the result but that isn’t your problem… with no quarantine for 2x vacced people, the Indian call centre script-monkeys can p1ss in the wind, as the saying goes.

Administrator

Randox is a sh1t company, run by crooks like most of them. You will probably not be able to register the test (to get the magic number for the PLF form); don’t ask how I know Luckily, if travelling by GA, UK police don’t seem to care what you put on the PLF form; they just see you filed one so all is good. Randox also do NOT give you the PLF reference number by email; it has to come from their website, and that is a weak point because it likes to reject stuff like date/time with a cryptic error message. But you have to file the PLF somehow; one option is to specify one of the fairly obvious exemptions, and print off the error message page.

Travelling by car, I don’t know but probably similar. I would bet that the pre-UK-entry test isn’t checked, but could be wrong. With GA it is not checked. With airlines it is not checked either but that’s because the airline required it at check-in.

The pre-UK-entry test can be a rapid test. This company worked well for Justine the other day, from Germany
https://www.c19testing.co.uk/fortravel/
Take a photo of it, email it to them, and they email you the certificate.

When you file the PLF, print off a screenshot of the receipt you get at the end.

If travelling abroad, carry a printout of the vacc certificate, in case your phone is playing up. Mine didn’t get a data connection at LFAT (for the NHS app) but the police let me through because I had the paper copy. My passenger has no printer at home but I printed his off too.

Administrator

The hassle of flying GA cross borders is “rien du tout” compared to CAT (writing this from 4500km away from home while looking for a lab to do a PCR test )

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

kwlf wrote:

Someone I know recently got caught out for doing a test 76 hours pre flight… So caution.

I think they met a jobsworth. From the uk.gov site

When to take your test
You must take the test in the 3 days before the service on which you will arrive in England departs.
For example, if you travel directly to England on Friday, you can take the test on or after Tuesday. You will need to have the negative result available before boarding on Friday.

So if they are looking at a £500 fine, they could point to that official rule.

White Waltham EGLM, United Kingdom

With airline travel, that fine is impossible because a) the airline checks it before boarding and b) in the UK nobody checks it.

AFAICT is it also never checked with GA travel.

With car travel, I don’t know, but I do know that inbound car travellers can easily lie about which country they spent time in before entering the UK (to avoid issues with say red countries). Should also be possible with GA, except that the UK police are quite adept with FR24 now.

Administrator

Attempt #2 at a simple summary of UK To/From France GA flight by double vaccinated UK citizens.
There are a lot of posts in this thread hence why I wanted to aim for a summary snapshot that has general agreement.

- Outbound from UK
Flight plan
PCR test (UK requirement) Not enforced?

- Arrival In France
PNR Immigration/Customs: Mostly PNR by email in advance, varies by airport
Sworn declaration Form – download and fill in before departure from https://www.eurotunnel.com/Eurotunnel/files/3f/3f474b02-0e9f-4992-a3d8-4d4944cdcef3.pdf
Expect passports to be inspected and date stamped
Printout of double vaccination certificate from UK NHS

Recommended to Pre download the French TousAntiCovid app which will recognise UK vaccination certificates and appears to be required more commonly to access bars and restaurants

- Departure from France
PNR Immigration/Customs – Mostly by email in advance, varies by airport
Expect passports to be inspected and date stamped
Flight Plan

- Arrival in UK
GAR Form (4 hours before arrival)
Personal Locator Forms (1 per pax) (needs Day 2 test serial number)
Witnessed negative test (lateral flow or PCR). Available at many pharmacies in France with instant results. or can also be outbound PCR if tested within 72 hours of boarding. – See above posts
Day 2 PCR test (buy this online beforehand)
Self isolation not required unless test positive

Last Edited by DavidC at 14 Aug 13:08
FlyerDavidUK, PPL & IR Instructor
EGBJ, United Kingdom

@DavidC , you seem to be looking for complication. How about :

You do what you always had to do to go to France for the day, but now you need to take your vax certificate with your passport.
On return to the UK you need a PCR test and to fill in a Pax locator form…

Just sayin’…

Last Edited by skydriller at 14 Aug 14:02

Attempt #2 at a simple summary of UK To/From France GA flight by double vaccinated UK citizens.
There are a lot of posts in this thread hence why I wanted to aim for a summary snapshot that has general agreement.

Depends on how long you are going for.

If under 3 days, it is as per my summary above. The normal stuff, plus a Day 2 test and the PLF.

If longer, you need the pre-return-to-UK test (rapid test, with a certificate obtained) also, but this is not IME checked for GA arrivals.

Always bring a printed vacc certificate.

You do what you always had to do to go to France for the day, but now you need to take your vax certificate with your passport.
On return to the UK you need a PCR test and to fill in a Pax locator form…

Yes.

There is no evidence of the PCR being checked up on, however, and there isn’t much they can do because there is no quarantine.

Administrator
Sign in to add your message