Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Corona / Covid-19 virus - airport and flying restrictions, and licensing / medical issues

The UK PDF certificate is all you need.

No idea about a French app, though I hear one is coming which will be needed for entry to various places.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Great 👍

Interesting trip report and nice to know Le Touquet possible again.

I believe the French government App is called TousAntiCovid – available to download from the App Store.
It recognises the UK QR vaccination certificate.

So in summary – have I missed anything?

- Outbound from UK
Flight plan
GAR form
PCR test (UK requirement)

- Arrival In France
PNR Immigration/Customs
Sworn declaration

- Departure from France
PNR Immigration/Customs
Flight Plan
GAR Form
Witnessed negative test (lateral flow or PCR) (UK requirement). Can be outbound PCR if within 72 hours of boarding.

- Arrival in UK
GAR Form (4 hours before arrival)
Personal Locator Forms (1 per pax) (needs Day 2 text serial number)
General Declaration Form C155 (1 per flight)
Day 2 PCR test
Self isolation not required unless test positive

FlyerDavidUK, PPL & IR Instructor
EGBJ, United Kingdom

Which reminds me. My wife and I may need to travel to the UK soon for a couple of days. We are both fully vacced. Now from UK government websites, which seem to be a little confusing since France went form amber plus to amber I believe we will need a PCR test 72 hours before leaving France.(currently not a problem we have a test centre 10 minutes away and the test is still free)
Once in the UK after 2 days we need to take another test. Not sure what type of test that has to be, where to get it and how much we should expect to pay. I watched a snippet of a parliamentary debate on France 24 and a UK minister told parliament that he knows of tests from as little as ÂŁ4.99 which seems cheap but some people are claiming they have paid as much as ÂŁ300 for a test in London.
Fortunately I don’t think we need a test to return to France.
Does anyone know if the European pass sanitaire is accepted as proof of vaccine yet? And if so do you need a paper print out or can it be checked on the smartphone?
So much has changed since I was in the UK back in November.

Last Edited by gallois at 13 Aug 21:55
France

The ‘day 2 test’ needs to be a PCR test. The list of providers with price is here: https://www.gov.uk/find-travel-test-provider. You receive a reference number (which you need for your passenger locator form). Most tests are self administered with a test kit they send you and you post back.

If you are vaccinated the only thing that really matters is the reference number because you need that to travel. If the test takes long to arrive after that, or the result takes ages – who cares, there are no restrictions if that happens.

Be careful to select a provider that gives you the reference number immediately via e-mail, so nothing can go wrong.

I do not know how you can prove your vaccination status, maybe somebody else can help here.

Biggin Hill

The (separate) England, Wales, Scotland, and Northern Ireland rules are here

You need to pre-book at least a day 2 PCR test in the UK from the Tory donor “bandit website” and as Cobalt says get a reference number for your online “passenger locator form” to be submitted two days before you travel.

I believe the pre-travel PCR test can be in the three days before travel, rather than 72H before departure. I would recommend doing it as early as you can. I just came back from Berlin and the near two day turn-around had me stressing out the day before I travelled. As I recall the test certificate can be in English, French or Spanish but you should check.

In my experience your airline will check your papers, but UK border control couldn’t care less.

White Waltham EGLM, United Kingdom

Someone I know recently got caught out for doing a test 76 hours pre flight… So caution.

Quite insane. All for a medirocre steak frites esssentially. Why not enjoy what the UK has to offer for one more summer? I know, the urge to international is always there and in fact, I don‘t know what I would do if I were living in the UK, but it isn‘t for a longish vacation, it is too much faff.

I would forego the outbound UK gar though.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Why do you need a PCR test to leave the UK if vaccinated?
Why do you need a GAR leaving the UK?
Why do you need a C155 form?

My plan would be to travel to the UK by car. It’s not possible to fly myself on this occasion.
The PCR test in France is not a problem I can get the results online a few hours after I have taken the test. It’s the day 2 test in the UK that is the concern. I am only intending to stay a maximum of 3 days before returning to France. So is it possible to order up the tests and the reference number before I leave France, to be sent to the hotel I will be staying at in the UK?
I shall download a “passenger locator form” this morning if possible. Thanks all.

France
Sign in to add your message