Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

National CAA policies around Europe on busting pilots who bust controlled airspace (and danger areas)

Ibra wrote:

“Pink Airway”

Ah. But I’m sure it was purple, not pink.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

CAS-T (temporary CAS) is rarely used today. It “worked” only when the IRA was deemed to be too stupid to realise that a published (notamed) temp CAS for Prince Charles going for a lunch was a dead giveaway for where to position a man with a Stinger.

“Pink” – never heard of. Nothing on google. There used to be Purple airways, for the royal lunch runs

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Yes, “Purple Airway”

Me wondering if Pink and Purple are the same color? I don’t dare asking not to offend anyone

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Ibra wrote:

There are no references to CAS-T in Cap493

Look in section 1, chapter 9, paragraph 2a (page 143 of the PDF)

Nympsfield, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

CAS-T (temporary CAS) is rarely used today. It “worked” only when the IRA was deemed to be too stupid to realise that a published (notamed) temp CAS for Prince Charles going for a lunch was a dead giveaway for where to position a man with a Stinger.

Oh it still happen. I fly near Kemble which Charles uses when going to/from his Highgrove House.

And they have temporary Restricted Area when he is flown around in helicopters. Recently between Windsor and Sandrigham.

All publish for all to see in NOTAMS

Peter wrote:

We have the 2022 numbers

Also surprised to see that 18% of them go to the IGC and are classified as no infrigement. You’d have thought they would realise earlier.

Thanks for the reference, I found it here as well,

CAP 493 SI 2022/06
https://publicapps.caa.co.uk/modalapplication.aspx?catid=1&pagetype=65&appid=11&mode=list&type=sercat&id=50

Last Edited by Ibra at 22 Feb 13:29

Ibra wrote:

Me wondering if Pink and Purple are the same color? I don’t dare asking not to offend anyone

They are very much different. Pink in RGB colour space is 100% red, 75.3% green and 79.6% blue (in hex, 0×FFC0CB), effectively making it a mix of red and white. Purple has much less green and somewhat less red, being 62.7% red, 12.5% green and 94.1% blue (0xA020F0) making it essentially a mix of blue and red.

Andreas IOM

They are very much different. Pink in RGB colour space is 100% red, 75.3% green and 79.6% blue (in hex, 0×FFC0CB), effectively making it a mix of red and white. Purple has much less green and somewhat less red, being 62.7% red, 12.5% green and 94.1% blue (0xA020F0) making it essentially a mix of blue and red.

That is too Geek to help someone on date

Which one you prefer? 0×FFC0CB but as you know roses are red (not rose)

Last Edited by Ibra at 22 Feb 14:43

2% of infringements result in provisional suspensions!

Probably because the CAA uses this category as a “catch all bin” for everything else. For example if you turned up late for the GASCO “course”, or presumably logged on late for the Zoom version (very easy to do for non IT savvy people, which is most GA pilots) then IAW their terms (posted earlier) you are deemed to not have attended. So, suspension is the next option.

One also gets a % of pilots who like to argue with the CAA because they are sure they are right, or they feel they are being badly treated, etc. Well, you can’t. I already posted how the CAA enforcer was completely impossible to contact by email, phone (20-30 calls), special delivery postal mail, and the only thing which eventually worked was when I phoned the CAA switchboard and said I won’t get off the phone until I speak to him (about the bogus online exam questions which I wanted credited – see previous link). It didn’t work and I got sent to GASCO. But I can see a lot of people being unhappy about this treatment and digging in, and they will just get suspended which means they are grounded permanently until they do as they are told. Especially “older” pilots who are about to pack up anyway (many each year); I can see a lot of them just having one last go at the CAA because they have nothing to lose, and they just drop off the system.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message