Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

National CAA policies around Europe on busting pilots who bust controlled airspace (and danger areas)

I’m afraid they wouldn’t detect much enthusiasm in my flight planning.

Egnm, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

there is a session near the end where the delegates divide up into groups and plan a short VFR flight around CAS

Thats what, whole minutes using SkyDemon (or your app of choice)…Or are they really expecting you to use a map/plog etc..

Regards, SD..

skydriller wrote:

Or are they really expecting you to use a map/plog etc..

I am assuming things did not evolve that much

But they are changing slowly, the rumour now is that if you are to be off the planned track you should aim to apply the new innovative navigational techniques get back to your original track which (hopefully was outside the CAS) without getting into CAS, for instance you can do this either on “180 to resume you original track” or apply “Rapid Closing Angle Technique” and not use the old method of “direct with double heading correction using 1/60 rule”

Last Edited by Ibra at 01 May 12:28
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Or are they really expecting you to use a map/plog etc..

Manually, on the map.

To be fair, the CAA cannot push SD because they cannot be seen backing a commercial product, even one which has a massive penetration of the UK social media GA scene.

I don’t think it is even possible for a particular school to push SD, or any other satnav app. They could do a ground school (optional, in the EASA PPL) covering one of these…

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

The idea of running these courses online is pretty smart. I suspect far too sensible for the CAA to want to adopt. They could easily have some basic screen showing a standard CAA half mil and get you to plot some lines to avoid controlled airspace which they could then review.

assessing ones enthusiasm sounds very much like a social credit score. "the punishment courses will continue until morale improves….

Peter wrote:

even one which has a massive penetration of the UK social media GA scene.

Now thats a little mean…funny because I post on the forum to which I think you refer, but still mean….

Last Edited by skydriller at 01 May 15:50

One here.

Another is here http://peter-ftp.co.uk/icons2/smiley_laughing.gif – download and drop it in. Similarly any other emoticon can be downloaded and dropped in.

There are loads of UK aviation sites… most of the people have moved to fb however, in the last year or two.

Administrator

Thanks!!

(Im afraid I dont do Facebook, I was referring to the one which doesn’t appreciate your forthright views of this topic, which is a shame as it needs to be kept in the spotlight)

Last Edited by skydriller at 01 May 15:55

As posted here previously, by various people, infringement discussion has been squashed on all the UK sites, including the FB ones. There have been attempts to do the same here, both openly and behind the scenes, which have not worked, hence I am in no doubt that should I infringe again I will be dealt with in the proper ex RAF manner

Administrator

We can only assume the current crisis might see the demise of these courses for some time to come.

Sign in to add your message