Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

GA Airports around London

I have been to EGKB today after a long time. There was some piston activity but the place is packed with big jets. We got parked next to a Phenom 300 and that looked a bit tiny compared to all the others. Our PA46 was the smallest plane on the ramp by far and the charges are quite steep. For us it is ok as the JetA1 is so much cheaper than at home so 150 pound sin fees does not matter much but for a local VFR flight…

www.ing-golze.de
EDAZ

Every year, they increase their fees by about 15%. Been going on for the last 8 years or so. They clearly have a plan to price out light GA, but in order to avoid making too big waves, they spread this out over many years.

The silly „Border Levy“ alone is now 25 Pounds for light aircraft.

Last Edited by boscomantico at 21 Aug 19:46
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

@boscomantico, the fees are really steep! Is handling mandatory for a single engine piston?

EGSU, United Kingdom

Historically, any aircraft below 3.5 tons was exempt from mandatory handling. But the current fees and charges doc does not make that clear any more. Nor does the AIP or the airport T&Cs. I would check with them.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Fernando wrote:

Is handling mandatory for a single engine piston?

The current pdf has a line which says: “(3) Mandatory handling for non-based aircraft MTOW over 6,001kgs”. We did not have to pay any handling yesterday but then we had to walk 50m to the terminal and had to pay the landing charges in the ops office instead of the fancy front desk ;-)

The most crazy charge is “SkyPets” which costs “£275 first pet (£110 per subsequent pet)”. I have no idea what this includes.

But all this seems to be the poor peoples place anyway. On the other side they have this second FBO facility which probably costs for a single operation more than some SEP alltogether:
https://www.jetex.com/network/london-uk/

www.ing-golze.de
EDAZ
105 Posts
Sign in to add your message