Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Fuel and customs stop in Holland/Germany

Thanks very much for all the advice, everybody. I’ll be in a Grumman Tiger, which has a decent 550+nm range, but as I’m just an IMC-rated pilot I’ll have to fly VFR when in Europe, so VFR fields will be fine. Would be keen to avoid those big-airport handling fees – bit of grass, a cheery customs bloke with a hat and a clipboard and some AVGAS is all I need.

Sorry didn’t know avgas pricing there. Their Jet-A1 is very cheap.

EGTK Oxford

i know, which is why i mention it… might change for April though.
AvGas in Luxemburg has never been especially at a good price, unlike mogas (which can be around 0.2 EUR/l cheaper )

ELLX (Luxembourg), Luxembourg

..which is actually a few cents more than many places in France currently…

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

1.94 eur/l in ELLX for march

ELLX (Luxembourg), Luxembourg

Luxembourg took more than 30 mins to get an AvGas bowser to us at the weekend as we were ready to depart. The GAT staff was friendly and helpful though, and the fees not bad (1999 kg private: EUR 60 handling + EUR 10 landing). Bit far south though, isn’t it?

Cologne EDDK is not crazy, and has great service but costs about EUR 110. Maastricht EHBK is also bang on the route, but I haven’t been there for a while.

Luxembourg ELLX could be worth thinking about.

EGTK Oxford

I’ve used Siegerland (EDGS) for a stop on that trip. Moderately good Italian restaurant on the field. Not the cheapest, but not badly priced.

But the smaller fields won’t have customs (“immigration”, really) and that is wanted too.
ultranomad did well to recommend my country, but I think EBKT Kortrijk-Wevelgem will be more relax and probably even less expensive than Charleroi.

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

Avgas in The Netherlands is much more expensive than the smaller airfields in Germany

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands
13 Posts
Sign in to add your message