Qalupalik wrote:

Here’s the proof

Just in time for Easter ;-)

tmo
EPKP - Kraków, Poland

Old wives’ tale.

Last Edited by Jacko at 18 Apr 08:17
Glenswinton, SW Scotland, United Kingdom

“… she was fibbing … spares are readily available … only the shape and training wheel that ought to put god-fearing folks off.”

It an be a problem with aircraft too.

OWT is an old wives’ tail.

London, United Kingdom

OWT?

always learning
LO__, Austria

@Jacko wrote:
“I was tempted to buy a Rallye once, but a former owner warned that spares can be scarce. Is that an OWT? If she was fibbing and spares are readily available then it’s only the shape and training wheel that ought to put god-fearing folks off.”

OWT. An amazing number of parts are available new from Socata parts dealers at a price. Much of the plane is bog standard. But that’s not critical. There are lots of dead Rallyes in salvage yards. The only problem I ever had (and I have renovated much of the plane) was with parts for the brake system (finally solved).

Last Edited by WhiskeyPapa at 18 Apr 02:54
Tököl LHTL

Snoopy wrote:

So I take it Maules are great?!?!!

Didn’t you know Jesus has come back as Jacko in a Maule? Here’s the proof:

London, United Kingdom

Jacko wrote:

It might be worth enquiring about bulk prices then.

Not allowed here. The regulations here are inverse to the countries size (basically the regulatory machinery is still the size adequate for when this country was a lot bigger).

always learning
LO__, Austria

JasonC wrote:

That by the way was Australian sarcasm.

You know what they say to „I’m from Austria“?
„Oh wow Australia, always wanted to go there“

;)

So I take it Maules are great?!?!!

always learning
LO__, Austria

I’m trying to escape the 2,5-3€ p.L. Avgas craziness around here

It might be worth enquiring about bulk prices then. Either delivered into 205 litre drums or a bowser or a fixed tank. A second hand bowser is an investment which won’t depreciate. I’ve seen cheapskate farmers in England who don’t receive our nice LFA payments make fixed Avgas tanks for a few hundred euros using an ex-forecourt pump, some pipework and a steel tank from a scrapyard.

35 Posts
Sign in to add your message