Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

ForeFlight (merged thread)

Sounds like a bug…. quickest soln is likely to drop support an email with the details above. They usually come back very fast.

LSZK, Switzerland

Now try sending it to Telegram. You don’t get the filetype choice now (in the Ipad app) and what Telegram gets is the FF server (“cloud”) URL only. And for me this URL displays the track (on a PC) but download fails:

Upon Download, it offers to save it as .json

and clicking on Save (this is now in Windows Explorer) produces

Anyway the file should obviously be .kml, not .json.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I just tried it and it works. I used share icon in “Track Logs” and then “Open KML in…” and just sent file to my Mac where I opened it with Google Earth application.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Ah yes OK, to email it works. I was sending it to Telegram, but FF apparently cannot send a file to a messaging app.

Administrator

fwiw… just tried this. It works. I select the track log, hit the export button (box with an arrow coming out), select mail, select “attach KML file” and send it. When the mail arrives on my Mac, if I just click on the attachment, it starts G/Earth and displays it, or I can open it as a text file with an editor.

LFMD, France

What flow do you use?

Administrator

It isn’t dead. Export on mobile works for me.

always learning
LO__, Austria

That would suggest the track export feature in FF is simply dead, which I find hard to believe.

The process seems to involve exporting the track to a FF server (which perhaps happens continuously in the background) and then when you export from FF, it delivers a link to it. Or maybe it exports to the server only when you export in FF. Strange, since FF could export the track directly as GPX, KML, etc.

Administrator

Export it (download to pc) from FF web app.
Then upload to FlySto.net instead of GE.

Last Edited by Snoopy at 02 May 00:08
always learning
LO__, Austria

I am trying to plot an ex FF track log onto Google Earth. I have sent it to telegram where I see just a foreflight URL. I go to that URL and see the track in the browser. If I click Download I get kml.json or gpx.json but no actual file. Then it says

Administrator
1862 Posts
Sign in to add your message