Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Mandatory PBN training (merged)

In the UK you can self-certify PBN knowledge and demonstrate your knowledge verbally to an IRE.

EGKB Biggin Hill

Timothy wrote:

In the UK you can self-certify PBN knowledge and demonstrate your knowledge verbally to an IRE.

Interesting. Do you know what one would need to do to get PBN certified otherwise? one or more approaches during reval + a chat?

Timothy is exactly right, but nobody outside the UK believes me when I tell them

The IRE I use for the IR reval has just got himself qualified to do the PBN signoff.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

From August you need to do an RNP approach on revalidation anyway.

If you don’t want to go the verbal TK route, you can go on a course and get a certification.

EGKB Biggin Hill

I’ve already done a course, went to one of your presentations!
Sounds like doing verbal and an approach is the easiest option, thanks!

Peter wrote:

Timothy is exactly right, but nobody outside the UK believes me when I tell them
I believe it — it works more or less the same in Sweden. You have to demonstrate to the satisfaction of the IRE that that you have the knowledge. The national authority has produced a checklist but have also been very clear that the checklist is not compulsory and that no evidence of knowledge has to be sent to them.

The IRE I use for the IR reval has just got himself qualified to do the PBN signoff.

Here the IRE doesn’t even need to have the qualification to do the signoff. (S)he “only” has to have the knowledge, so two PBN-knowlegeable IRE’s can sign off each other.

Last Edited by Airborne_Again at 22 Nov 16:07
ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden
Can a foreign examiner sign off the PBN?
pmh
ekbr ekbi, Denmark

pmh wrote:

Can a foreign examiner sign off the PBN?

Yes, at least the Swedish CAA had no problem accepting that.

ESSZ, Sweden

It seems every country has adopted their own way of doing this.
Can a foreign examiner sign of PBN on a UK issued EASA license?

pmh
ekbr ekbi, Denmark

Peter wrote:

You only have to point them to para 5 of this Information Notice.

EGKB Biggin Hill
Sign in to add your message