Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

ILS flown to the minimum at LFRQ

@Jean Yes it is the portable PowerFlarm. The utility is okay, mode S and mode C works fine, it helps to identify the targets. With the FLARM-Mode it is different. Since we fly the faster Bonanza we recieve more seldom the signals than before with the slower Piper Arrow. I think it depends on the speed.

EDDS , Germany

@eddsPeter
Thank you for the feedback !

Jean
EBST, Belgium

As a great end to the flying year 2017, today I have flown an ILS at bare minimum conditions. I have previously flown in OVC002 and 003 conditions, but IIRC never in really low visibility. This one was in VV001 and RVRs changing between 600 and 700 meters. What a satisfaction to look up at minimums and see one light, then the second one and then slowly make out the contours of the runway.

The nice thing was that I did not really “need” to land at that place, so if it hadn’t worked out, I would have simply flown back to base (and I had more than enough fuel on board) with no ensuing inconvenience at all. Perfect conditions for experiencing this. Unfortunately, I have no video or photos.

Personally, thunderstorms, ice, etc. bother me much more than calm low IFR conditions.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany
As a great end to the flying year 2017, today I have flown an ILS at bare minimum conditions

Where was that?

Friedrichshafen EDNY

Congratulations Peter ! Nice approach !
Nice to use your IR and plane to go see Brittany even in winter (not the best season I’m afraid) !
Many PCL are PPR because people get away without paying

LFOU, France

EHGG. A bog standard ILS with a 550m RVR minimum.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

@Jujupilote wrote:

Nice to use your IR and plane to go see Brittany even in winter (not the best season I’m afraid) !

For me it’s always a great time to be at Brittany during the actual season. We do stay here for winter vacation nearly every year. And it helps you to keep rust away of your IR skills, because going to the minimum here is not seldom.

EDDS , Germany

@Jujupilote Ce n’est pas mal en Bretagne en hiver / It’s not too bad in winter at Brittany

Petit déjeuner avec des huîtres / breakfast with oysters

Promenade en soleil / walk in the sunshine

Thé au terrasse / tea on the terrace

EDDS , Germany
18 Posts
Sign in to add your message