Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Random flying photos thread

Please state the location

Cargo company at EDDP.

On the northbound SID after takeoff from 26L.

A little bit of weather just before our destination, which was crossed at 4000 feet, just below the freezing level.

ILS 25 EDHL, with 45 knots on the nose.

Visual.

Construction works still going on at EDHL.

That‘s it for this year.

Last Edited by boscomantico at 29 Dec 12:28
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Thanks for the tips AA!

Antonio
LESB, Spain

boscomantico wrote:

Cargo company at EDDP.

@boscomantico, are you OK to publish a report here on airports.euroga.org? Looks like there are none in the database… Would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

EGTR

Revalidated all my UK papers yesterday, including the IR. Roughest flight I’ve had for years – 1hr spent inside this stuff

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Last flight of the year, in perfect conditions

Pics of the day… performing an orbit before joining left pattern 25 for Sion LSGS (which would be perfect for a EuroGA fly-in)…

On the return couldn’t resist paying yet another visit to my old friend Cervin/Cervino/Matterhorn (with the Monte Rosa massif in the back ground)…

Looking right down on it, from FL150…

Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland

performing an orbit before joining left pattern 25 for Sion LSGS (which would be perfect for a EuroGA fly-in)…

I could not agree more! Sion is a great airport.

I’ve done the same photos (even did these EGKA-EGKA on a “local flight” during lockdown) but it takes me about 3hrs to get down there Beautiful!

Great pic of the Matterhorn with Monte Rosa behind it.

If I lived where you live, and was retired, I would be flying around there all the time

Administrator

Not so impressive pics but a great flying day yesterday. I planned another one for today but the party lasted until 3 am and I need more time to recover than few years ago

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

From today, last day of the year. About -10 C No wind (to speak of) on the ground, but rather insane over about 3500 feet at some places in the mountains (40-50 knots I would presume). Could literally see the snow blowing away from the tops. Very strange indeed. Eirik took a short flight first, to brush off some Christmas fat. Then I also planned just a short trip and some circuits, but up there I could here some activity near the fjord, so I went there. They had not yet plowed the strip on the other field, but no problem with real tires They plowed it just before I took off again, and also put a jacket on the cowl to keep some heat on it.

When flying back I did the mistake of flying higher and ended up in a wave that took me straight up, even at idle and as much speed as I dared (in the wind). Got out of it, and stayied at 3000 the rest.

The head instructor at the other field is a retired fighter pilot, which shows in the choice of model he uses for flight theory

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

Beautiful!

Administrator

Some nice shots @LeSving
Just be sure to keep that cold stuff where it belongs, as in the North

Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland
Sign in to add your message