Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

UK GAR form discussion, and UK border police procedures

Enhanced General Aircraft Declaration (UK)

There currently is a NOTAM in the UK saying

CREWS SHOULD COMPLETE THE ENHANCED GENERAL AIRCRAFT DECLARATION
(GAD) PROCESS FOR ALL INTERNATIONAL FLIGHTS INTO THE UK, INCLUDING
THE ACTIVE REPORTING OF NIL RETURNS. IF SYMPTOMATIC PASSENGERS ARE
IDENTIFIED, THIS MUST BE NOTIFIED. GADS FOR FLIGHTS TO ENGLAND
SHOULD BE SENT TO THE HEALTH CONTROL UNIT TEL: +44 (0) 20 8745 7209
EMAIL: HEATHROW.HCU(AT)PHE.GOV.UK.GADS. FOR FLIGHTS TO SCOTLAND
SHOULD BE SENT TO PUBLIC HEALTH SCOTLAND TEL: +44 (0)141 300 1414
EMAIL: NSS.HPSCORONAVIRUS(AT)NHS.NET (SUBJECT: AIRCRAFT
DECLARATION). GADS FOR FLIGHTS TO NORTHERN IRELAND SHOULD BE SENT
TO PUBLIC HEALTH AGENCY TEL: +44 (0)141 300 1414 EMAIL:
NIPORTHEALTH(AT)HSCNI.NET. 2021-05-0359/AS6

Is this ‘General Declaration’ the ‘Enhanced General Aircraft Declaration’?

If not, does anyone have a link to the required form?

Is the form required before the flight or after the flight? Any idea of the time limits?

Thanks

EIWT Weston, Ireland

I stopped sending C155/Gendec for flights to UK while ago, I think for 1pob GA flying these days GAR is way more than enough…“General” has nothing to do with GA, it’s seems to apply for ICAO health control & declaration

Last Edited by Ibra at 25 Jul 16:15
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

I’ve not heard of this form. It looks like the Greek GENDEC.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Well I found some info about it in this document local copy

The 25th page of the PDF (marked page 24) give a flow chart for it.

Thankfully for me, it’s not required for flights from the common travel area where noone has symptoms of COVID 19.

EIWT Weston, Ireland

That document is a year old, and is clearly aimed at airlines. On a quick and dirty look I reckon what applies to GA (non CTA) is the bit in the red box i.e. no action required if nobody on board is ill

What happens is that the police are now meeting up 100% if inbound flights, having apparently checked you did the GAR form and the passenger locator form. I am not confident they can easily check whether the latter was filed, though, if you told them it was.

The “pilot training” exemption is very interesting. The police have been demanding the PLF for those flights too!

Administrator

Indeed, they do ask for PLF (Pilot Locator Form ) even if you are under exemption (or even if not landing in France ! )

It’s worth reading that doc though, after all it’s what everybody has and will use to “frame you through”?

Last Edited by Ibra at 30 Jul 10:31
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

In the last 2 months I have had to send a new format GAR directly to the Border Force when arriving by GA in the UK. They no longer accept the prior automated one by GARonline. It is an excel speadhseet they send me to fill out. It is horribly buggy and requires a bot of patience.

Upper Harford private strip UK, near EGBJ, United Kingdom

They no longer accept the prior automated one by GARonline

This is amazing. I wonder if @carlmeek is aware.

It is an excel speadhseet they send me to fill out. It is horribly buggy and requires a bot of patience.

Yes; I was told firmly to use the .xlsx version some months ago. I have put a copy here (search for xlsx). I email mine to Border Force Newhaven which is my local one, so I don’t know if the normal “ncu” email address works at all and probably nobody cares if it doesn’t so long as your local police gets it.

The main GAR thread is here but I am keeing this one separate in case it is something really new.

Administrator

As far as I’m aware, nothings changed. PLF is obviously now required, but we haven’t integrated it. Hopefully it might go away as a requirement soon!

EGKL, United Kingdom

I have not done anything differently, GAR (done through Carl’s excellent site) or otherwise.

United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message