Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

UK GAR form discussion, and UK border police procedures

It is still a notification, but they can argue that the notification doesn’t meet their requirements. For example it may have a typo on it, and if they phone you just before the flight, you won’t be able to re-submit it.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

They have now updated the official GAR guidance document

It confirms the “2 hours before departure” thing for GB <—> mainland EU flights.

local copy

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Two GAR forms now for every flight – what a waste of time

Administrator

Peter wrote:

Two GAR forms now for every flight – what a waste of time

Yeah but…. You wanted to go to L2K… Which has Douanes…

If you wanted to go to EU Mer, you have had to stop at L2K or Calais with the PNR first.

Imagine if the UK had a similar situation as France and most other EU countries. You would have to stop at a “Border Force” Airfield. Im betting that on the south coast the options would be Southampton or Lydd, can you imagine to extra cost and hassle?

I think filling in a form online or sending an Excel sheet in is a luxury!! Id like to see it for France too – Id love to be able to fly direct from my small aerodrome here in France direct to the aerodrome in the UK near my folks house, but I currently have to stop at somewhere like Rennes or Cherbourg. But for the sake of a form I dont have to stop at Southampton too…

Regards, SD..

I agree The GAR is a good system. Especially if you use OnlineGAR to manage passengers etc. I have been emailing them but will probably move to OnlineGAR soon.

But with schengen, and with the UK being irrelevant (worse than irrelevant, currently), a “mainland GAR” will never happen. Other than obscure stuff like this and this which nobody is quite sure about.

Administrator

Just been looking at my very long list of past GAR forms and it starts in 2005.

Before 2005, nobody bothered with it

Administrator
Administrator

From here

Where it is written that 12hr PN is required for you?

EDWF, Germany

The 12h PN is outdated requirement for UK outbound GAR not for CI inbound GENDEC (no PN)

Actually,
1- It was never for UKBF GAR, it was Special Branch notification, usually done by GAR but can be done by phone call, post letter or even visit terror & crime police office
2- For GAR, it’s 2h before departure to UKBF when going to CI, likely now possible from any UK airport with (temporary) blanket CoA until 2024, only for private non-public transport flights
3- The 12h is only for non Police designated airports, for Police designated airport there is no need for Special Branch notification at all

It seems complicated but it’s well written here,

GAR

Last Edited by Ibra at 22 Jun 23:33
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Is this real? The Channel Islands GAR notification is just 2hrs now? Previously it was 12 (both ways) for many years.

Being able to fly from say Shoreham to the Channel Islands with a 2hr PN would be great.

The UK has very few “police designated” GA airports. I think Bournemouth and Biggin Hill might be.

Administrator
Sign in to add your message