Welcome to our forums

UK GAR form discussion, and UK border police procedures

Yes that is the govt site.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Zero response from OnlineGAR?

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

nothing

Just as a reminder: the interim CoA for all UK airfields expires in a few days. In other words, from now on, as you fly to the UK, before choosing your destination airfield, you have to make sure that it does have an individual CoA issued by the NFAU. Otherwise, you can‘t use it.

What’s NFAU? Do you mean border force?

One of the problems with these c of a in the past is that there is no publically available list produced. So as a pilot you have no way of knowing which airports have one without contacting them.

Do you know if any list is going to be published?

EIWT Weston, Ireland

My prediction is that nobody will actually give a damn and life will carry on as normal. However I will write to my base and check.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

My prediction is that 99% of airfields will have it and Peter’s prediction will apply to the other 1% for about 10 years when suddenly it will be discovered that flying internationally from the is illegal and someone is in big trouble 😉

EIWT Weston, Ireland
Border Force National Frontier Approvals Unit

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/general-aviation-operators-and-pilots-notification-of-flights/aerodrome-designation-status

AFAIK, many farm strips din‘t have it yet, because
a) some owners may not be aware at all
b) they don‘t care (there is bit to take care of to get the authorisation, like an accessible waiting room and toilets for the BF officers)
c) apparently the agency has been very slow in responding to applications in the past

Just makes coming to the UK a little bit more hassle and restrictive for pilots from the continent.

Thank you!

EIWT Weston, Ireland

It is a bit similar to the story of the aviosuperfici in Italy, but not quite as severe. See here as an example of an a small airfield that got the authorisation in April.

13 pages of do‘s and don‘ts for the „principal“, including various obligations and liabilities in case some pilot does do something wrong…

Sign in to add your message