Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Autorouter updates (merged)

so, is there one website containing all European plates (like Nats for uk) for free of for cheap?

http://ead-website.ead-it.com/publicuser/public/pu/login.jsp

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

The router now does this old chestnut pretty well – a departure from Biggin to the west, as a Z flight plan to avoid the big dogleg via DET:

But to make it work you have to use “preferred levels” and change the 040 default minimum to something higher – 070 or higher is OK, with anything below 100 giving you 100.

Also after BCN you will have to climb FL150 if you want to retain the London Control radar service (i.e. to remain in CAS) even though that route is in the UK SRD at FL100.

I don’t think the 040 default is ever applicable to the UK for Eurocontrol IFR because I cannot think of anywhere where you will get a continuous IFR service – well maybe on the EGHI-ORTAC route which was designed with a FL35 base to enable to Islanders to scud run it in bad wx while having the “protection” of CAS. Can anyone thing of anywhere else?

Last Edited by Peter at 10 May 20:37
Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

For Troyes – Gloucestershire, the autorouter proposes the following route:

LFQB N0130F080 ARSIL4N ARSIL/N0130F080 G40 VATRI/N0130F090 B3 BILGO H20 XORBI H40 NEBRU/N0130F120 H40 ABB N20 KUNAV/N0130F070 DCT MOVAD/N0130F040 DCT BISRU DCT BIG DCT NORRY DCT CPT DCT KENET DCT MIMBI DCT SIREN DCT MALBY EGBJ

Based on Peter’s comments above. this looks to me like it wouldn’t work, given that it’s flying through the London TMA at FL040. Is my pessimism justified?

Last Edited by Rich at 11 May 11:06
EGBJ / Gloucestershire

Affirm – see above.

Use FL070 min. See my Biggin post above.

Administrator

This is my first post to this form for the simple reason that I didn’t have much to tell but now I am having a problem.
I am really interested in the autorouter and the gramet but I am very clumsy with computers apparently. if I store the links to them, I cannot retrieve them or I am getting a blank screen. Sometimes I succeed in getting into Autorouter (not repeatable) but from there, I cannot find a link to GRAMET. The only way is to go to the forum by search on “autorouter”, click the link and then something appears where I can LOGIN. If I do this with my e-mail and password a blank page appears.
This happens on a few computers and an iPad. What am I doing wrong?

Snarf
EDDG EDWN

Sometimes I succeed in getting into Autorouter (not repeatable) but from there, I cannot find a link to GRAMET

Don’t know about your login problems but I have just uploaded a new version that allows you to use the GRAMET without having an account at the site by entering a captcha. You find it at http://router.euroga.org/gramet

What computer, operating system, and browser (Firefox, etc) and what browser version (probably under Help / About) are you using, Snarf?

e.g.

However if it happens on the Ipad too, that’s something different – unless it has not been updated for years.

Last Edited by Peter at 12 May 08:54
Administrator

Interesting tool, and well done on the easy-to-use interface, but I’m not necessarily seeing it as a time saver until it can come up with routes as effective as I can get working them out for myself.

e.g. Welshpool EGCW to Deauville LFRG, max FL100
- It comes up with N0105F060 NUGRA Y53 PEDIG/N0105F080 M605 FINMA/N0105F090 M605 SFD Y47 DRAKE L151 SITET which is 3 level changes and a 26% overhead.
- I have filed and flown on more than one occasion RETSI DCT KIDLI N859 SITET A34 ETRAT at F090 which is almost a straight line at 4% overhead.

Is there something I’m doing wrong in the set up?

A second point – if I edit the suggested route to my preferred one, I can’t see a way of saving the change – it always seems to default back to the suggested one.

United Kingdom

The latest internet explorer and the latest iPad software.
I am doing something wrong but do not know what

Snarf
EDDG EDWN
I have filed and flown on more than one occasion RETSI DCT KIDLI N859 SITET A34 ETRAT at F090 which is almost a straight line at 4% overhead.

Based on strong user feedback, we keep UK routes in CAS. For the OCAS portions, we rely on the SRD (standard route document) from NATS which is a list of non airway routes you are supposed to file. Your DCT RETSI DCT KIDLI takes you OCAS for half the flight, if you want that, you have to choose it manually, many pilots would not want that, especially foreign pilots.

A second point – if I edit the suggested route to my preferred one, I can’t see a way of saving the change – it always seems to default back to the suggested one.

That will come soon.

Sign in to add your message