Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Autorouter updates (merged)

@what next: the problem(s) you reported should be fixed now.

As you can see we currently show all waypoints on airways. This might get compressed in future to show

EDDS N0316F240 OKIBA3B OKIBA N851 OSBIT P605 ELNAT ELNAT2B EDVE

in your case.

@what next: the problem(s) you reported should be fixed now.

It works well with the “shortest time” and “minimum fuel” setting. With “preferred level” and a reasonable setting of FL290 I get my south German sightseeing flight again. With FL230 it works.

As you can see we currently show all waypoints on airways. This might get compressed in future to show
EDDS N0316F240 OKIBA3B OKIBA N851 OSBIT P605 ELNAT ELNAT2B EDVE
in your case.

The compressed form is indeed more useful (for me) because you can copy-paste it into JeppView and also the FMS expects routings in this format. Maybe you can make it as an option?

EDDS - Stuttgart

It works well with the “shortest time” and “minimum fuel” setting. With “preferred level” and a reasonable setting of FL290 I get my south German sightseeing flight again. With FL230 it works.

With “my” TBM850, the routing ends up at FL240. Getting higher is difficult. I just optimized for trip time. We will replace the “preferred level” with “preferred level range” that allows you to give a range that is equally good. If you enter FL230 today, we consider FL200 equally bad as FL260 even though you might actually like FL260 but hate FL200.

Now the flight plan is finally presented with the bare minimum of waypoint data. You can get plenty of other formats by clicking “Continue” after routing or opening a routing from the user home and then go to the “Briefing information” section.

These are the formats we currently support. Note that we have just added support for Microsoft Flight Simulator and X-Plane. You can load these directly into the FMS of your aircraft in the flight simulators. The functionality was contributed by a forum user. This is where EASA want to see GA…

Yesterday I got this message (in red letters) when clicking CONTINUE after getting perfectly valid route for LDLO→LDZA (Z plan at 8000 ft with VFR from LDLO to ULPIN):

ROUTE43: THE STAR KOTOR2A IS NOT VALID BECAUSE THE RFL IS BELOW MIN LEVEL ON FIRST SEGMENT OF STAR. ROUTE43: THE STAR KOTOR2A IS NOT VALID BECAUSE THE RFL IS BELOW MIN LEVEL ON FIRST SEGMENT OF STAR.ROUTE150: MISSING CRUISING FLIGHT LEVEL

Route generated was: LDLO N0130VFR ULPIN IFR M986 KOTOR KOTOR2A LDZA

Plan filed as Z plan at 8000 ft to Eurocontrol via eurofpl.eu without any error, KOTOR2A STAR is valid at 8000 ft. However when I looked at generated filelog and GRAMET, it was 7500 ft starting to descend at KULEN and reaching KOTOR at 5000 ft.

Last Edited by Emir at 02 May 12:52
LDZA LDVA, Croatia

I think that bug was fixed yesterday evening, Emir. You can see from the message “MISSING CRUISE FLIGHT LEVEL” that the flight plan got corrupted in the process.

Thanks Achim!

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Based on what next’s comments, we have just added the option to specify a whole altitude range for the “preferred altitude” optimization target. All altitudes in that range have the same quality for the router and for every 1000 feet outside the range, we penalize the leg with 20% of its length (44% for 2000 ft outside, 73% for 3000ft outside etc.).

Based on what next’s comments…

Thanks for listening

I tried a few routings which worked out very well, but now I got something strange again that will drain another set of batteries from your mouse (can’t happen to me because I use a Wacom tablet with an inductively powered mouse…).

A simple flight plan from Stuttgart to Berlin Schönefeld, with a preferred level between 220 and 310 yields this:

EDDS N0426F220 DKB3H DKB N869 AMOSA Z77 LONLI M726 LASGA T202 MILGU MILGU3V EDDB

A level change to FL220 before the SID. Our little aeroplane has a formidable climb performance (better than the turbine microlight from your other post) but this is beyond our capabilities I’m afraid.

Last Edited by what_next at 03 May 16:26
EDDS - Stuttgart

A level change to FL220 before the SID. Our little aeroplane has a formidable climb performance (better than the turbine microlight from your other post) but this is beyond our capabilities I’m afraid.

This actually means that you are at FL230 overhead DKB which according to the Eurocontrol performance model is possible for the C560. According to the SID, we see you at 5000ft at DS302 and then straight to DKB. 38NM should allow you that. The format of the route displayed is now the official ICAO item 15 format.

Tip for the computer savvy: open your browser debugging tools and search for a network transfer from the URL “/api/flightplan” when calculating or showing a route. Look at the JSON data. This gives you a ton of information, down to the estimated remaining capacity of the onboard toilet…

This actually means that you are at FL230 overhead DKB which according to the Eurocontrol performance model is possible for the C560

OK, yes, that’s possible. But I have never seen a flightplan like that.

Look at the JSON data.

I had a look. Do you crate the PLOG from that information?

EDDS - Stuttgart
Sign in to add your message