Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Eurocontrol Fees / Route Charges

JohnR wrote:

the Aztec does suffer from this in one tank when the OAT drops below about -20C

This “feature” of the Aztec accounts for about half of the engine failures I have suffered.

But I agree with Jason. It’s swings and roundabouts, but I expect EC bills to be lower overall as a result of this change.

EGKB Biggin Hill

Just out of curiosity; what would be the fee for a 250nm route?

LSZF Birrfeld, LFSB Basel-Mulhouse, Switzerland

Until EC sees their revenue decreasing and increases the rates

LFOU, France

what would be the fee for a 250nm route?

Various previous threads – example – and it is weight dependent. It is typically a few tens of € per hour.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

@johnr what happens if a part of the route is in UK Class G, with no Eurocontrol tracking, as in say this example?

Administrator

Peter wrote:

@johnr what happens if a part of the route is in UK Class G, with no Eurocontrol tracking, as in say this example?

Incentive for the UK CAA to start providing some service in class G?

Last Edited by Dimme at 02 Oct 14:37
ESME, ESMS

I doubt there is a whole lot of traffic which fits this situation. Most people would just fly a mostly-G route as a “VFR” flight, with the added bonus that you pay absolutely nothing regardless of whether you are VMC or IMC.

I remember someone posting somewhere that if you do such a VFR flight in a > 2T plane, and there is an IFR transit of some piece of CAS, you do not get charged. There is no system for accounting for transits and billing the pilot.

Still, I am surprised nobody here knows the current billing situation for the example above. Based on posts from years ago you would get billed for the whole GC distance, and the lack of an IFR clearance / ATC service was completely irrelevant. But today?

Anyway it shows how few > 2T pilots there are now, in our “light GA” community, flying IFR OCAS. Of course, also there is no incentive to wake up a sleeping dog, and people may well be happy that “no eurocontrol tracking → no charges”.

I am making some enquiries among pilots of bigger stuff, but there aren’t many I know these days, and as I said the MEP owners fly mostly VFR on these flights.

Administrator

How to sign up for & pay Eurocontrol ATC charges

I am moving from rental to ownership, and am trying to figure out how to get set up to pay ATC fees. This was previously handled by the club where I rented, and despite what I feel are competent Googling skills, I am unable to figure out how to sort this out. Any help appreciated!

EHRD, Netherlands

First, no idea what your club was charging as extra, so maybe it’s why Google struggles

Is this for terminal charges only? or IFR landing fees? are these sent by airports via EC to you in Netherlands? you should be exempt from en-route charges unless you are heavy…

Last Edited by Ibra at 16 Feb 09:39
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

You’ll get the invoice if charges apply to you, don’t worry i.e. the registered aircraft operator/owner will get it and probably pass to you.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia
Sign in to add your message