Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Eurocontrol Fees / Route Charges

Eurocontrol FAQ

This is written in the answer linked above:

Users will receive each year an invitation to notify or update their fleet declaration. This is mandatory as it is the basis for calculating the weight factor used for the computation of the charges. In the absence of such a declaration, the CRCO will bill according to the heaviest weight for the aircraft basic type. The fleet declaration should include all aircraft which are being operated by the user even if in lease from another company.

For each aircraft, the user should report:

- The registration marking;
- The aircraft type (basic type) according to the aircraft type designators in the latest edition of ICAO document 8643;
- The version within this type;
- The construction number;
- The exact MTOW (in kg), substantiated by relevant documentation. In the case of multiple certified MTOW, the MTOW to be declared must be the highest weight authorised by the State of registration.

The last point caught my attention. Does this mean that they expect you to report the highest MTOW the state of registration allows for the “metal” you have? Meaning, reducing MTOW on the paper (different manual) does nothing whatsoever? Is information on that page incorrect? Or do I understand it incorrectly?

Here is the updated version of the above document: “Customer Guide to Charges” [dead link]

The calculation seems complex and I cannot really figure out what it costs for a 2-3 ton aircraft. Can anyone give an example, e.g. a C340, MTOM ca. 2719kg, flight from Zurich to Hamburg = ca. 370nm?

Last Edited by Vladimir at 12 Apr 14:58
LSZH, LSZF, Switzerland

Vladimir wrote:

Can anyone give an example

Autorouter gives you a charge estimate for every route

LSZK, Switzerland

tomjnx wrote:

Autorouter gives you a charge estimate for every route

Where can I see it Tom? Do I have to register an airplane of the corresponding type? Maybe I don’t see it because I only have a Seneca at 1999kg…

LSZH, LSZF, Switzerland

Tried to enter a C340 and saw it after selecting the route, thanks @tomjnx

LSZH, LSZF, Switzerland

On the “View Route” page, below the Validation line, you get something like this:

Route charges: 13.49 € (including 2.70 € VAT)

There’s an info icon you can click on to get a more detailed breakdown of the charges.

But yes, if the charges are zero they’re not displayed

LSZK, Switzerland

About 3 years ago I assisted a light twin owner “declare” his FAA reg’d acft @ 1.99 metric tonnes with EuroControl.

They were extremely accommodating and even issued a credit note for flight charges that had been invoiced 3 months before the declaration was sent in.

At any rate, they fully accepted a declared MTOW that was less than

the highest weight authorised by the State of registration

If you already own & operate the acft in question, it costs nothing to send in your paperwork and see if it flies.

FAA A&P/IA
LFPN

It seems to be generally understood that to do this legally you need a modified POH showing the new 1999kg MTOW.

For the Seneca there is an old STC, for example.

Otherwise, how can it be legal to just tell Eurocontrol you are 1999kg?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

The last point caught my attention. Does this mean that they expect you to report the highest MTOW the state of registration allows for the “metal” you have? Meaning, reducing MTOW on the paper (different manual) does nothing whatsoever? Is information on that page incorrect? Or do I understand it incorrectly?

If you have an STC with the reduced MTOW then surely that is “the highest MTOW the state of registration allows” for that particular aircraft….so what’s the concern?

YPJT, United Arab Emirates

AnthonyQ wrote:

If you have an STC with the reduced MTOW then surely that is “the highest MTOW the state of registration allows” for that particular aircraft….so what’s the concern?

Exactly, and my [limited] experience with Eurocontrol supports this.

FAA A&P/IA
LFPN
Sign in to add your message