Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

AIR BP fuel card

Peter wrote:

I have also heard from AIR BP that each card may be used only for a specific aircraft, so if you use it to fill up somebody else’s you need to enter your reg into the self service pump. But if there is an operator involved then obviously that’s not going to be possible…

The cards we got from AIR BP in Sweden are not connected to any specific aircraft.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

I did the application process online and found it all straightforward to get the Air BP Card.

Have only used it a few times in Cannes but it works.

Is the Total card easy to get?

EGKB Biggin Hill London
Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

For German speakers: all about refuelling in France and the fuel cards here.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

The ATO I did my training with at Egelsbach EDFE has an Air BP card for every plane. Renters are expected to pay with it where possible. The rental price is by Hobbs meter and wet.

Frequent travels around Europe

In the UK Air BP prefer to issue cards with a registration on them, for fraud prevention purposes. We have an “any aircraft” BP card as well though.

Darley Moor, Gamston (UK)

Airborne_Again wrote:

The cards we got from AIR BP in Sweden are not connected to any specific aircraft.

In Germany it changed. Years ago we got the ANY Card from BP, so we could use it for any aircraft. I think last year BP replaced it by the cards which are only valid with the Reg of the plane.

Cirrus_Man wrote:

Is the Total card easy to get?

Now it is. Since last year it s not necessary any more to have a french bank account to get it.

EDDS , Germany

My AIR BP card has my aircraft reg on it.

I recall at least one self service pump needing the reg entered, so it doesn’t look like it can read it off the card.

However, the machines are impossible to use unless you speak French, so some form of local help will be needed (for me).

Administrator

eddsPeter wrote:

In Germany it changed. Years ago we got the ANY Card from BP, so we could use it for any aircraft. I think last year BP replaced it by the cards which are only valid with the Reg of the plane.

Just to confirm this, I called up AirBP a week ago to ask about it and indeed they used to issue cards without a aircraft reg, but they don’t do it anymore for safety reasons.

I don’t get it though – does anyone understand what the point is? How does it matter to them? Shouldn’t they be happy to sell fuel – period?

Hungriger Wolf (EDHF), Germany

Please post TOTAL card posts here

Administrator
Sign in to add your message