Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

AIR BP fuel card

AIR BP card – is this difficult to get ?
Took a quick look at their website and seemed straight forward.
Can an individual have one?

Regret no current medical
Was Sandtoft EGCF, North England, United Kingdom

WarleyAir wrote:

Can an individual have one?

It seems to depend on the country and your bank. While Air Total does financial collection centrally from Paris, BP seems to rely on their individual country offices to do that. The one in Switzerland seems to insist on a specific wire transfer method only available to businesses.

LSZK, Switzerland

Anyone doing any regular flying in France should have an Air BP card and a Total card….it makes life so much easier…

YPJT, United Arab Emirates

AIR BP seem to be very adept at screwing each airport into an exclusivity deal. No other cards, maybe cash.

I don’t know how AIR BP do it because not taking Visa/MC is the height of utter stupidity. I guess there is a nice payback to the airport. It shows how stupid airport management is.

Pamplona… the pump man there could not speak enough English to understand A I R B P so I had to borrow some cash from Aart.

And Zell am See is in Austria. The pump there takes only AIR BP. Other examples elsewhere I don’t recall anymore.

So I would definitely get one – the way things are going, it’s going to be essential.

I have managed without TOTAL but then I don’t normally fly to non-“international” French airports.

The funny thing is that AIR BP were practically irrelevant for most of the 14 years I’ve had the card. It is within the last year or two that they suddenly started stitching everybody up.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

EBAW Antwerpen has an AirBP fuel station and I am fairly sure the usual credit cards can be used there.

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

In many locations in France at least, if you want self-serve you need a BP or Total card….even if someone in the office will accept cash or credit card….and self-serve is what you want when no one is around….

AnthonyQ wrote:

Anyone doing any regular flying in France should have an Air BP card and a Total card….it makes life so much easier…

I wanted to get one, then realized that you need to provide the aircraft registration on the form. So this is for owners only. I rent about 20 different aircraft at the moment.

I’m trying to get at least the club to get cards for at least some aircraft in our fleet.

Peter wrote:

And Zell am See is in Austria. The pump there takes only AIR BP.

What’s your source?

That would be a PITA for my trip in March – but it doesn’t seem to be true: I just gave them a call and they accept all regular payment methods, including cash, visa, Mastercard. They do not accept Air BP cards.

Hungriger Wolf (EDHF), Germany

According to reports from German pilots posted here (etc) at Zell am See you can pay at the office afterwards using other means.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

The funny thing is that AIR BP were practically irrelevant for most of the 14 years I’ve had the card. It is within the last year or two that they suddenly started stitching everybody up.
BP bought Statoil’s aviation business so there was an explosion of airports accepting AIR BP cards in Sweden one or two years back. That should have affected other countries as well.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Patrick wrote:

I wanted to get one, then realized that you need to provide the aircraft registration on the form. So this is for owners only. I rent about 20 different aircraft at the moment.

Just put the reg of the plane you fly most….assuming it doesn’t already have a card assigned….no one ever checks….and I’m sure BP don’t care…

Last Edited by AnthonyQ at 03 Feb 09:40
Sign in to add your message