Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

AIR BP fuel card

I’ve asked AirBP what the purpose of the aircraft registration on the card is.

It’s not about preventing fraud. It’s a security measure to prevent selecting the wrong fuel type. That’s why the card has the fuel type AND now the aircraft registration imprinted. This should prevent accidents from fueling the wrong type, especially when this is done by service personnel who might otherwise mix up cards, aircraft, and fuel types.

In German:

der Sicherheitsaspekt, der dieser Entscheidung zugrunde liegt ist die Vermeidung von Fehlbetankungen.

Selbstverständlich wissen Sie als Pilot, welchen Treibstoff Sie in Ihr Flugzeug füllen müssen.

Wir bieten aber z. B. auch den Service, das unser Tankdienst die Betankung für die Piloten vornimmt.
Hier soll noch einmal alle Aufmerksamkeit auf die korrekte Kraftstoffsorte gelenkt werden.
Daher ist auf unseren Tankkarten nicht nur die Registrierung aufgedruckt, sondern auch die Treibstoffsorte, die das jeweilige Flugzeug braucht.
Und ebenso stellen wir entsprechende international genormte Produktaufkleber zur Verfügung, die auf den Tankdeckel angebracht werden.
Alles passt farblich zusammen, von der Tankkarte (mit Registrierung), über die Tankdeckelaufkleber bis hin zur Zapfsäule: Schwarz für Jet und Rot für Avgas.
Hungriger Wolf (EDHF), Germany

I have Rocket Route as a flight planner and in it, it has the price of BP fuel at BP serviced airports. It is amazing that BP has the same price for Avgas at every airport in the country of Germany. Its listed as $8.91/gal. which is about 2.13 Euro/Lt. I have to check my last fuel bill because if my memory is right I paid more to the airport management. I paid cash. I wonder if the BP card gives you a discount or is the airport adding on an additional fee. Will report back in two days when I am back in BP and can check on my bill.

By the way does anyone know how much taxes are piled onto each Lt of Avgas? It seems with the price of crude dropping about 72% (from a high of $110/BBL to $30/BBL) the price of Avgas should drop more than 21%.

KHTO, LHTL

I have just got this email from AIR BP

That’s not what they told me before i.e. they said their website shows the current pricing.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

My Air BP Sterling card has aircraft reg embossed and no PIN…my Total card has reg embossed and requires a PIN….in both cases the self-serve machine asks me to input the reg….sometimes I just enter the last 3 characters…it doesn’t matter…

Last Edited by AnthonyQ at 04 Feb 13:01
YPJT, United Arab Emirates

In the T&C’s of my BP card, they say that they may charge an annual fee if I don’t use it enough. Do they actually charge yours when you don’t use it?

I haven’t seen that, in the 10 years I had mine, during much of which it may have got used 1x a year at most (because almost nobody wanted it).

But maybe it is a recent change in their Ts & Cs.

Now – see the Carcassonne fly-in thread – we have the opposite problem, of so many AIR BP – only airports (mainly in France) and almost no private pilot has the card!

Administrator

A couple of years ago, thanks to SEPA Total started to accept clients without a French bank account (A Euro account in Euroland is enough). So there is no excuse for not having one if you maintain an account somewhere in Euroland.
BP issue their card through local branches, so it might be more difficult to get one. I had mine issued in the name my business as it made it easier.
I think that the BP card for Avgas does not work anywhere in Belgium, in Antwerp you need a BP white card.

My AIR BP card with “ANY” for the aircraft reg has just arrived

So it is possible, but they need about a dozen emails backwards and forwards to convince the various people.

Administrator

I managed to fill up a different aircraft with my card and enter the reg in Reims last week.

The different reg appears on the invoice.

Avgas was £1.20 per ltr in Reims. Makes the UK look expensive ! ;-)

Alex
Shoreham (EGKA) White Waltham (EGLM), United Kingdom

Hello,

For your information I just completed the process for air Air BP card.
Although they request the reg of the aircraft I explained that I rented different planes and could not provide a single reg. After requesting permission to their management they accepted to issue a any card.
So my experience: yes you will need to send some mails explaining them what you want. No it is not difficult to get a card without reg.

Whole process till they send the contract was completed in about two weeks. And I started from their website application without providing a registration.

Hope this can help.

Br,
Jf

jfw
Belgium: EBGB (Grimbergen, Brussels) - EBNM (Namur), Belgium
Sign in to add your message