Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Interesting development for pilots wanting to visit Tuscany - Palazzolo Sansepolcro LIQF

@Antonio I don’t claim my Latin is good but:-
Pas la terre de leur père, mais c’est la terre !
would translate as.
Not the earth (land) of their father but it is the earth (land).

If I translate the terre as land it sort of makes sense but should it not have something like “chosen” on the end.

I know this is stupid for a euroga question and I realise that it is to wish Buckerfan and Mrs Buckerfan best wishes for the future in Italy but I think sometimes going from French to English I am missing some double meaning or perhaps Brit humour.
Anyway "meilleurs voeux,bon courage et bon vol, M. et Mdm Buckerfan et les avions.

France

Yes, @Gallois I think the message that @RobertL18C quoted was intended for people working their parent’s land. From @Buckerfan ‘s report it seems it was not family land but simply a third party ’s. My answer just meant (again as you said Google’s translation into English sounds better than French) …not their parent’s land, but land nonetheless (so the spirit of @RobertL18C ’s quote still applies)

No urging business, beautiful land to take care of, great company, then, as per the OP, all you are missing is a little airfield and a little airplane to fly around with!

Antonio
LESB, Spain

ch.ess wrote:

Just checking, may that’s what you meant:
LDG is to the east (02)
T/O is to the west (20)

Apologies, you are quite right,

Upper Harford private strip UK, near EGBJ, United Kingdom

Thanks @Buckerfan for the nice and uplifting post. Your new place is beautiful and to read about revitalization of an airport is great. Good on Mr. Gostner for the initiative!

always learning
LO__, Austria

@Antonio and @aart will recognise the version by Fray Luis de Leon

¡Qué descansada vida
la del que huye del mundanal ruïdo,
y sigue la escondida
senda, por donde han ido
los pocos sabios que en el mundo han sido;

For the Tuscan setting Dante accords Horace honour as one of the poets he encounters, either Canto IV (the virtuous) or Canto V. But it was the poets of the Spanish Golden Age who held Horace in high esteem.

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

I must admit your (much-better-than-mine) knowledge of historical poetry amazes me! Thanks for enlightening us and adding poetry to the one @Buckerfan seems to find in those beautiful settings!

Antonio
LESB, Spain

Winston wrote:

Thank you for posting. Looks very promising, especially as my better half is a big fan of Italy.

Suitable for a 182 in its present state, or still a bit too run down?

Hi Winston, I could not advise you on that yet as I haven’t looked closely at the runway yet. When I was there the other day a local guy was about to go flying in a small Tecnam two seater. He had also just finished mowing the runway and had filled a couple of boar holes with dirt. So some improvement and maintenance has started.

I would certainly fly there now in something like a Piper Cub.

Let me report back next time I have the chance to visit.

Winston wrote:

Thank you for posting. Looks very promising, especially as my better half is a big fan of Italy.

Suitable for a 182 in its present state, or still a bit too run down?

Hi Winston, I could not advise you on that yet as I haven’t looked closely at the runway yet. When I was there the other day a local guy was about to go flying in a small Tecnam two seater. He had also just finished mowing the runway and had filled a couple of boar holes with dirt. So some improvement and maintenance has started.

I would certainly fly there now in something like a Piper Cub.

Let me report back next time I have the chance to visit.

Same here! Your aviation and Spanish poetry knowledge is clearly superior and there’s not enough lifetime left for me to catch up Robert!

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

Don @aart mis spent youth should have stuck to calculus:)

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message