Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

What is a "racetrack to ILS"? LFAT ILS13 (and is OKPEM a hold or not?)

Peter wrote:

daily VFR usage

Annex 4 that is ;-) Aeronautical Charts
There used to be 10 years ago or so a eurocontrol task force task force to have the 1/500.000 (VFR) charts harmonised.
https://www.eurocontrol.int/sites/default/files/2020-01/guidance-material-for-aereonautical-chart.pdf
That resulted in some progress.

However for the IACs is to Annex 4 which is poor …for e.g. for a holding synoptic not anything on publishing magnetic tracks inbound outbound:

Last Edited by Vref at 03 Apr 11:16
EBST

Vref wrote:

Peter should have flown in my opinion a parallel entry over OKPEM then outbound on 139 for 1 minute and fly back with a right turn to OKPEM and request if he was cleared for the approach when turning inbound OKPEM.

It’s unneccessary 4 minutes of flying around the hold (in addition of pilot deviation of flying it without clearance).

If I remember correctly, Peter got his approach clearance shortly before OKPEM where he was previously cleared to fly to. So you do as cleared: cross OKPEM, turn around (using the hold as protected space to do so by flying its parallel entry), fly the approach.

Prague
Czech Republic

Destinatus wrote:

It’s unneccessary 4 minutes of flying around the hold

sure I didn’t mention that

So you do as cleared: cross OKPEM

I listened to the mp3 some reassurance is not bad it seems and he didn’t get the official clearance for the approach …

Last Edited by Vref at 03 Apr 11:47
EBST

Vref wrote:

I listened to the mp3 some reassurance is not bad it seems and he didn’t get the official clearance for the approach

The mp3 recording belongs to similar situation in this thread where Peter got cleared ILS13 via TUKVI at the end.

I was referring to the original post where Peter was given ‘racetrack to ILS13’ misleading clearance and silence when querying. He did well: crossed OKPEM, turned around, flew the approach.

Last Edited by Destinatus at 03 Apr 17:33
Prague
Czech Republic
Sign in to add your message