Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

What have you done with, or on your aircraft the weekend of Feb 24 2024

RV14 wrote:

Well, 100LL at LIRJ last time I checked was 4,45, at LICG just over 4

LIRJ ist still 3,94. Just had it confirmed by the airport.

In most of southern Italy, Avgas is (well) over 4 Euros these days: Foggia, Palermo Punta Raisi, Cagliari, Pantelleria, Lampedusa. In the other (few) places in the south where Avgas is sold, it is between 3.5 and 4.

@RV14: Can you tell more about your return flight? I guess you made a stop somewhere? How much fuel did you buy in Pantelleria?

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

boscomantico wrote:

LIRJ ist still 3,94. Just had it confirmed by the airport.

thanks for correcting me

boscomantico wrote:

@RV14: Can you tell more about your return flight?

that was a single engine night flight
refuelled at un undisclosed location within stone’s throw from LICG and pressed on home, an interesting flight indeed as I had to fight the wind at different FLs and trade fuel for time to arrive before my home airport would close.

Poland

denopa wrote:

Class Rating for PA46 Turbines

Excellent! Well done denopa. Other than managing the engine, are there many differences? E.g. how the aircraft handles.

EGHO-LFQF-KCLW, United Kingdom

I found it less obvious to set the trim for take off, which required a very positive pull to force rotation. Another difference is that you don’t firewall the throttle, so especially on touch and goes you have to be mindful of not overtorquing. But other than that, it felt better, especially with a much more comfortable climb performance – this to me is the real game changer, the higher cruise TAS is nice but it’s getting to FL280 in less than half a time which makes it amazing. Stalls and all that are the same, benign. Another impressive difference is the glide performance… 500fpm at 100KIAS gives you a lot of options!

EGTF, LFTF

denopa wrote:

Took (and passed !) the Class Rating for PA46 Turbines.

Congratulations! Which one will you fly?

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Yeager wrote:

That´s a big deal! Congrats! Best of luck with that! ;-)

ESMS, ESML, Sweden

AndersB wrote:

Thought you bought an Arrow….but, anyway….best of luck with that speedy bird!

I did… But sold it last October…
The Arrow found a happy owner in Belgium.

ESMS, ESML, Sweden

Antonio wrote:

COngrats @Darkfixer! You will not regret flying turbocharged, especially if you fly IFR: great weather avoidance tool. Make sure you get as familiar with the type as possible before operating it.
Is there an an engine monitor installed? If not, it (together with pulse-demand O2) should be in your list of urgent upgrades. Also make sure that cylinder borescope-, oil filter- and fuselage tube structure- inspections are included in your prebuy. @terbang and others herein are much more knowledgeable on the type and you may want to ask further specific advise.

Thanks!

I took my IR in 2022 and wanted to have an good IFR aircraft.

Yes it has an engine monitor, it actually has Garmin G3X with engine option with Garmin G5 as backup and a Garmin 750xi and Garmin GFC Autopilot.
Built in Oxygen. (my pulse-demend yet, but will order it)

Pre-buy will either be at ACG in Germany or GA Service in Denmark.

ESMS, ESML, Sweden

Darkfixer wrote:

This weekend I signed the sales agreement for my new aircraft.
A Mooney M20K 252, hopefully pre-buy will be smooth without any major findings and I can close the deal.

Oh, wow.

That will be a significant step up from the Arrow. Lovely! Congratulations!

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Darkfixer wrote:

Yes it has an engine monitor, it actually has Garmin G3X with engine option with Garmin G5 as backup and a Garmin 750xi and Garmin GFC Autopilot. Built in Oxygen.

Great combo! Congratulations!

LDZA LDVA, Croatia
Sign in to add your message