Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

What have you done with, or on your aircraft the weekend of Feb 24 2024

I completed simulator training for Saab 340 type rating and passed skill test. Base training next week at LFGJ and starting to work sometimes in March.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Bravo! Can you share more about the TR experience? What kind of flying will you be doing? People/cargo? Day/night? Sectors per day?

LPFR, Poland

Bravo! Can you share more about the TR experience? What kind of flying will you be doing? People/cargo? Day/night? Sectors per day?

TR was very similar in scenarios to what I did during MCC training in KingAir simulator (that training was more intense than usual thanks to training captain who set the task preparing me for TR because he is Saab captain). However, during TR there was more focus to exact aircraft systems, FMS, failures, flameouts, fire and smoke events, rapid decompression, memory items and QRH related procedures. Not much hand flying except when defined by checklist, usually repeating same departures (mainly RNAV SID) and approaches (ILS, LOC and RNAV), mainly on autopilot until minimums.

And then came the skill test. The schedule itself was demanding – from 11 pm to 3 am – it was moved forward from originally planned for some operational reasons and we learned that only two days in advance which totally messed our traveling plans. And then during the briefing the examiner said hand flying only, no autopilot usage, yaw dumper allowed with both engines operative (which actually was 20 min during 2 hours of my flight time and probably the same for the other guy). It was quite demanding and energy consuming both for PF and PM because there was no time to take a breath – even when PF was doing the approach briefing, PM was hand flying arrival.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

The operations will be cargo, mainly day, in the beginning week days only, 3-4 sectors a day.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Sounds like a proper sweaty sim session. Each subsequent recurrent was easier in my case.

Wish you kind and polite captains, a non-sleep-depriving schedule, and low cabin altitudes :-)

LPFR, Poland

Just a little local flight south of Frankfurt today, in choppy but very clear air.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Well, another bumping against borders flight to LSGL Lausanne and back. Always a pleasure to return to the very place I started bouncing on and off many years ago… I suspect the main reason for the change from grass to hard runway was to conceal the craters I left at the time.

On the way I was finally able to get a decent picture of the cavern, actually a tunnel, that was dug by the military during WW2. It is in a classified location, and who knows, we might use it again one day, so no more details

Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland

Classified location

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Congratulations Emir, sounds like a tough skill test.

always learning
LO__, Austria

This weekend I signed the sales agreement for my new aircraft.
A Mooney M20K 252, hopefully pre-buy will be smooth without any major findings and I can close the deal.

ESMS, ESML, Sweden
66 Posts
Sign in to add your message