Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

What have you done with, or on your aircraft, this week-end? (18-19 November 2023)

Beautiful, Aart.

Menorca is lovely. One of our best EuroGA fly-ins, 2017.

Do feel free to wind up us weathered-in northerners anytime

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

You guys are amazing, and quick learners in photoshooting… I’ll now have to up my game (please don’t ask how since I have no idea myself), and not sure when as I’m AOG right now, well kinda.

PS
@Aart, between you and me only, there are rumors of a remake… beginning Feb… assuming my bird’s ok by then, I might, who knows, come for an early reconnaissance for our group, just to ascertain the quality of those Gambas al Ajillo, and make sure those islands of yours haven’t moved around.

Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland

Looks like a real paradise there, Aart! Beautiful photos – I hope to be back soon!

Fly more.
LSGY, Switzerland

Finally found a weather window to bring my plane back from Arcachon, with an overnight stop at Beziers LFMU and delivery to Cues LFTF for the annual. Weather was fantastic, not a cloud in sight and as a bonus a 30+ knot tailwind for both flights. Managed to see 200 knots GS on the descent into Beziers. Gpt taken for a flight around Minervois and Corbieres by a friend during our overnight stop.

Setes

Ryanair arriving at Beziers – everything stops for Ryanar – but on the bright side, the tower reopens too.

Marseille Marignane

200 knots ground speed descending into Beziers!

The salt fields of Gruillaud

The extraordinarily well protected village of Minerve

LFMD, France

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

A little excursion with the microlight gang to Speyer on Saturday…

…and some formation flying

Bumpy trip around Frankfurt on Sunday. Koblenz airfield.

Continuing after a short stopover in Giessen-Luetzelinden

Frankfurt skyline in the haze

Mannheim

Homeward bound

Last Edited by Thomas_R at 20 Nov 07:01
Germany

Nothing very special, just ferried a Baron from mx back to base. These short flights in L.A. are always fun – 8 frequencies in 15 minutes.

Sadly also had to decline a job flying a PA46 Malibu. At 6’2" (188cm) I simply cannot get into the cockpit with any ease, let alone get out. Also no chance of ‘free and correct’ controls. These things are tiny inside!

We just had a short trip to visit my old friend at LHJK and go for a 150 EUR pancake. That was also part of “keeping!
the engine healthy” flying. We had a massive layer of clouds on the way back, so we climbed to fly over the TOP to stay VFR and avoid possible icing. We ended up at 6000 feet :)

Zsolt Szüle
LHTL, Hungary

Super to see you back in the air, Zsoszu, and what great pics, and the one of both of you – you are both very fortunate

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

172driver wrote:

Sadly also had to decline a job flying a PA46 Malibu. At 6’2" (188cm) I simply cannot get into the cockpit with any ease, let alone get out. Also no chance of ‘free and correct’ controls. These things are tiny inside!

Hey, I am very nearly your height and possibly larger in the other dimensions. I have flown the PA46 for 12 years now (2 types). For years I struggled getting into the cockpit until finally someone said “you are doing that wrong, you gotta go into the cockpit backwards”. It works a charm. Turn around backwards in the rear seat area, put your feet over the wing spar at the same time lean your weight on the two side cup holder shelves, work backwards then swing around into the seat. Easy.

Upper Harford private strip UK, near EGBJ, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message