Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

What have you done with, or on your aircraft, this week-end? (5 - 6 October 2023)

They are very few in fact, these are smaller regional airport with mountains and cities around making the arrival long and costy. Bastia or Figari are eligible I would say, but big boys like Geneva… nonono
Actually it relates more to what ATC will tolerate – you can always cancel IFR but if this is to be number 10…

Last Edited by greg_mp at 10 Oct 17:22
LFMD, France

Not really the weekend, but I flew my plane across France from Cannes to Arcachon today. The club there very kindly offered to host her while I’m on this side of the country. It’s 90 minutes drive away, but a whole lot better than nothing. This also involved an Easyjet flight BIQ-NCE (surprisingly OK) and a train journey from Arcachon home, successful but incredibly crowded.

I did the flight as IFR-Y, following gallois’ suggestion. It worked perfectly, flight practically in a straight line including fully guided descent to 1000 feet at the end.

La Ciotat, a very chic sailing port near Marseilles

Salt flats in the Camargue, with the town of Aigues Motres (sorry about the reflection).

Marseille harbour, with four gigantic cruise ships.

LFMD, France

johnh wrote:

four gigantic cruise ships.

In Palma the simultaneous number of cruise ships has been reduced to three. Unlike air transport, which is staggered throughout the day, cruises tend to arrive at similar times and hence three of those drop 13000 people in the middle of the city at the same time in a short-term, intensive fashion (they are there for four hours), and the infrastructure struggles to support them. It used to be up to seven and it was chaos in the city centre.

I believe you are referring to this trip

Antonio
LESB, Spain

boscomantico wrote:

guess a modern RG WT9 with all these bells and whistles is more like 400kg. Possibly even more.

Let’s remain on the topic and not make this another ULM discussion, but the empty weight depending on configuration is between 300kg en 330kg.

Higher weights (350kg and higher) are only expected for versions with the 915 engine.

BTW, newsflash: France is expected to move on to 600kg ULM early 2024.

Last Edited by jvdo at 10 Oct 19:30
EBMO, EBKT

Nothing much to report, just the usual formation shenanigans with other pilots at Deanland. Tomorrow I’m moving to a new base as I no longer have a hangar space at Deanland, but hopefully I’ll be back there next summer.

On the weekend I completed a mission to collect a friend from up north and managed groundspeeds of both 12kt and 209kt in one flight.

I’ve now completed 70hrs on the RV since I started flying it in August – so far it’s running great until today’s flight where the oil pressure was sitting down around 60, as opposed to the usual 70. I’m wondering if maybe the pressure regulator ball valve has some crud in it.

Last Edited by IO390 at 10 Oct 22:13
United Kingdom

We went to Shobdon EGBS with the children’s bicyles; report and photos

EGHO-LFQF-KCLW, United Kingdom

IO390 wrote:

formation shenanigans with other pilots at Deanland

Nice pics!

Last Edited by Antonio at 11 Oct 09:20
Antonio
LESB, Spain

arj1 wrote:

Yesterday (06-Oct) I finally made it to Shoreham! Proof:

That reminds me a lot of the art deco terminal at Houston Hobby.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1940_Air_Terminal_Museum#/media/File:1940_Air_Terminal_Museum.jpg

Andreas IOM

A little late to the party, but well :)
We took the club’s Aquila 212 for a weekend spin, going from LOWI to Frankfurt for a meeting with friends and back. Some pictures of the trip:

I really like the avionics in this aircraft, with the GFC500 autopilot which makes a huge difference indeed:

My wife in “combat mode”. She says this way she can sleep better…:

And one of my favourite surprises, once we got to Gelnhausen an obviously very friendly and succesful guy put the only correct sticker on his car:

Need to get one of those, too :)

LOWI,LIPB, Italy
59 Posts
Sign in to add your message