Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

What have you done with, or on your aircraft, this week-end? (5 - 6 October 2023)

No GA for me this weekend, but a couple of shots of Lisbon from row 32A of an A321.

Last Edited by boscomantico at 08 Oct 10:20
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

As I’m not sure whether this is directed towards me or a rather general comment: we had the self briefing done, on board (even in paper form) and meticulously prepared long before. We had the flight plan filed correctly according to the self-briefing, and checked every page, because we both anticipated that it might be a challenge. Still it caught us for a short moment not having the “glideslope” indicator. That information is not included in the else extremely detailed and lengthy self-briefing. I regard this to be more important than many of the other details given in the briefing.

Not sure why you expected a glideslope for an LNAV only approach. Do you mean you expected the “LNAV +V” found in Garmin GPS navigators? That’s an artificial 3° GP calculated by the navigator and not based on a published procedure. For reasons posted above it’s not available at LOAN.

The briefing overcomplicates things in my opinion, and I agree with you, it would make sense to mention that it’s an LNAV only approach.

always learning
LO__, Austria

Snoopy wrote:

Not sure why you expected a glideslope for an LNAV only approach

Because I always had it so far. E.g. Mannheim EDFM has “only” LNAV but I see both diamonds, if I’m not mistaken. The chart says it’s CDFA for Mannheim, though (but according to the chart only LNAV).

Germany

First flight with the family since relocated. Gorgeous conditions yesterday.

Bellefontaine abbey (Trappists)

Saint Laurent sur Sevre

Puy du fou theme park

Low pass by a Dassault Flamant

Edit : the seat (Britax Eclipse) was a pain in the butt to put in the 172S.
I flew around at 2300rpm as we didn’t have to go anywhere. The little boy (15 mo) removed his baby headset soon after leveling off. About half an hour later, he started crying and my wife had the great idea to give him her headset. He was enchanted to hear my voice and had a great time until the end.
As my wife says, he is more interested by the airfield and all its big toys (planes, helicopters, bikers passing by, fire truck etc…) than by the flying itself. Anyway a pure moment of grace

Last Edited by Jujupilote at 08 Oct 14:27
LFOU, France

Because I always had it so far. E.g. Mannheim EDFM has “only” LNAV but I see both diamonds, if I’m not mistaken. The chart says it’s CDFA for Mannheim, though (but according to the chart only LNAV).

Interesting. In your GNSS, when selecting EDGM approach does it say LNAV or LNAV/V (LNAV +V)?

always learning
LO__, Austria

Snoopy wrote:

In your GNSS, when selecting EDGM approach does it say LNAV or LNAV/V (LNAV +V)?

Noted that down and will look it up. But it may take two weeks until I’ll be able to check that.

Germany

Got called to right place for a bit of citation. Leaving Cannes at 11am to Perugia, then Geneva, then back to Cannes at 3:30pm.
Scenic arrival to Geneva over Aosta Valley, Mont Blanc…

Rusted on the first landing, a kiss at the TDZ on the third, but still need some more training.

LFMD, France

Did a mountain training in the French alps and visited 8 different altiport and altisurface. Did solo flights at Courchevel, Meribel, Alpe D’huez & Montmeilleur. I can recommend it to everyone. There is little margin for error, this is the toughest & most rewarding flying I have done to date.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CyIiUudMC7F/

https://www.instagram.com/stories/highlights/17986248752456450/

Last Edited by jvdo at 09 Oct 10:19
EBMO, EBKT

Departed Saturday morning in the Jetprop for a trip to LCPH Paphos Cyprus and thence to Israel by El Al.

First leg Upper Harford to Shoreham for a quick refuel and then a long 3.15 leg to Portoroz. By the time we got there the horror of the attack on Israel was becoming apparent. We were supposed to meet our son there; he works in Tel Aviv one week a month. He was stopped from boarding his commercial flight to Tel Aviv by a call from his boss and on Sunday morning we decided to turn around head home again. We are going to London in an hour to be with our kids and their Israeli and jewish relations. I have no doubt that they will, or will find they have already, lost friends and relations.

Upper Harford private strip UK, near EGBJ, United Kingdom

To add some more info:

• Left wednesday evening, flew back on saturday morning
  • 17 flights
  • 14:39h block time
  • 12:56h air time
  • 2757km
  • 200l used
  • 5h air time was the ferry from and to Belgium, 8h was spend flying in the Alps.

The flightmap in the Alps:

EBMO, EBKT
Sign in to add your message