Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

What have you done with, or on your aircraft, this week-end? (29-30 July 2023)

terbang wrote:

We flew from LESU to LECI in the Pyrenees today:

Very cool. Have you ever flown into Garray/Soria (LEGY) which is about 50NM SW of LECI?
Just looking for comparison – to figure out which one would be best for 1 fuel stop between Portugal and NE Spain (Empuribrava).

Socata Rally MS.893E
Portugal

Well.. It´s inspiring to read about you guys out flying (or trying too get out flying.. ;-) ). Unfortunately I´m sitting in Paris 757NM away from my airplane, “looking forward” to doing an engine run on a jet tomorrow morning – while dreaming of flying my old Rallye around. Weird world! (luxury problems!).

Socata Rally MS.893E
Portugal

I spent Saturday hanging around the airfield, chatting with people and doing some administrative and technical work for the aeroclub with no particular intention to go flying. There was quite a bit of soaring activity, some instruction flights, people practising take-offs and landing or going for a trip. Just like any sunny day.

Then a couple from out of town turned up who were driving home from a music festival and had chanced to see the airfield sign. They asked if they could go for a ride. As it happened an aircraft ready to fly was parked on the apron with the pilot not due to turn up for another hour, so I took them for a sightseeing tour of the city. They seemed quite happy with the experience.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Left Fairoaks Saturday morning with thunderstorms above the Channel and the Massif Central. Picked up a bit of ice in the climb and asked to be routed a bit further west than Goodwood to avoid precipitation we could see on the onboard radar. Interestingly but not surprisingly downlink weather was showing us going straight through the rain, but it had already moved east. After that we managed to stay visual with the tops at FL230. Landed at Rodez LFCR for customs, lunch at Café Bras, the Soulages museum. Departed for Cuers, doing a bit of slaloming between late afternoon TCUs.

That was a typical flight which made full use of the PA46’s big differentiators vs e.g. a Cirrus, without onboard radar the departure would have been very stressful, and without pressurisation the 2.5 hours at altitude might have been unpleasant with the mask.

EGTF, LFTF

Nice popcorn… better seen from the outside though

Thanks for all the reports and pictures guys, motivational stuff indeed

Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland

I’m flying to LDSB, no pictures yet

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Have you ever flown into Garray/Soria (LEGY) which is about 50NM SW of LECI?
Just looking for comparison

We’ve been to LEGY two years ago and in fact it’s really very similar to LECI. Both are full of gliders, friendly and SEPs are welcome. Which is better I can’t say, it’s a draw. Soria as a city offers a bit more than Jaca, I think, but the landscape of the Pyrenees is more spectacular.

If it’s just for fuel you’ll have to check. IIRC it was OK in LEGY. We don’t have to refuel here, but I think it’s expensive.

EDFM (Mannheim), Germany

Thank you for the writeup Steve6443. We went to lake Balaton a few years ago and there was a surprising number of well maintained Trabants and the like.

Thanks also for the photos of Chalon eddsPeter. I went to the airport many times during my PPL but have never visited the city.

I’m stuck on a family 🏖️ so nothing from me for 3 weeks

EGHO-LFQF-KCLW, United Kingdom

Done more work on my gas shock refill rig (which is now working as it should be) and now looking at the wx for the LDLO fly-in next weekend, which doesn’t look great. Bad wx all over Europe for the next week or so.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

terbang wrote:

terbang30-Jul-23 08:1917
Have you ever flown into Garray/Soria (LEGY) which is about 50NM SW of LECI?
Just looking for comparison

We’ve been to LEGY two years ago and in fact it’s really very similar to LECI. Both are full of gliders, friendly and SEPs are welcome. Which is better I can’t say, it’s a draw. Soria as a city offers a bit more than Jaca, I think, but the landscape of the Pyrenees is more spectacular.

If it’s just for fuel you’ll have to check. IIRC it was OK in LEGY. We don’t have to refuel here, but I think it’s expensive.

All well noted. Thanks for your feedback. C.

Socata Rally MS.893E
Portugal
Sign in to add your message