Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

What have you done with, or on your aircraft, this week-end? (22-23 July 2023)

It’s now improved to somewhere close to tagliatelle.

I love that

apart for inspection now and hopefully will be back together at the end of this week

Hopefully…
Had the same thought about a VariEze a few years ago… in the end it took me the whole Winter since I had to rewire most of the plastic toy.

🤞🏻

Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland

Got a bit distracted by a guy in the hangar next door who has just bought an Extra for his competition aerobatics. Well actually it wasn’t the guy but the plane that distracted me , with the chance to have a good look at it.
So I decided to just do some.circuits in the Super Guepard. This thing never ceases to surprise me.. It’s so basic yet so much fun.
The wind was 25 knots straight down the runway and with just me and 40litres onboard, I swear I left the ground in less than 20metres with such a steep climb rate at 110km/h that I had to push the stick hard to get it to feel more comfortable and then having to throttle back quick to stop going into the yellow on.the ASI.
By the time I had finished 5 circuits the wind had changed and it was now a 20kt cross wind.
All very sporting. So did a few more circuits.

France

Went to Bremen for the PPL/IR Europe Annual Technical Conference. More than 30 aircraft on the apron, including from Liverpool, Malmo, Innsbruck and Istanbul. Some had left by the time I snapped this photo from the hotel breakfast room.

Digging up this old thread; just saw @eurogaguest1980 being featured in this month’s “Cahiers du RSA”… Nothing less than a full page for winning the Sylvain Badez’s cup during the Brienne fly’in. Congrats Mickey !

BOD
LSGY, LFSP, LFHM, Switzerland

BOD wrote:

Congrats Mickey !

Thanks Brice! This was a huge surprise to me since I didn’t enter my aircraft in the competition. Even though I attended most of the awards ceremony, I didn’t stay until the end. I just saw this in the magazine I received a few days ago. It felt very good to receive such an award at an airshow that had a lot of really beautiful and interesting aircraft. Hope your bird is flying again!

Fly more.
LSGY, Switzerland

Dan wrote:

Just to shed any doubt, even pesky RV pilots with nonchalant flaps (the RVs…) seem to be able to enjoy local hospitality.

Very nice! Though that picture raises a thought: You should try and bring some young guys and gals along to get the average age down :)

always learning
LO__, Austria
Congrats Mickey !

+1

Poland

You should try and bring some young guys and gals along to get the average age down :)

Sure should @Snoopy, sure should
But you gotta find them youngsters first. We already have a few threads here about that problem, not many around in aviation these days, too many other cosy opportunities around, and/or cheap trouble free virtual flying…

Dan
LSZF, Switzerland

Hey Mickey, congrats 🥳

Dan
LSZF, Switzerland

Congrats Mickey and well deserved. Your steed is expertly built and painted, and in a great livery too.

I have now lost all hope that you’ll accept my offer.. I guess all that’s left is to steal her one day.

Private field, Mallorca, Spain
Sign in to add your message