Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

What have you done with, or on your aircraft, this week-end? (1-2 July 2023)

One day ahead of the official WE… went to LSGY, a nice little field in SW Switzerland, to enjoy delicious (and cheap, but please, don’t tell them ) filets de perche (Wik: Perch is a common name for fish of the genus Perca, freshwater gamefish belonging to the family Percidae. The perch, of which three species occur in different geographical areas, lend their name to a large order of vertebrates: the Perciformes, from the Greek: πέρκη (perke), simply meaning perch, and the Latin forma meaning shape. Many species of freshwater gamefish more or less resemble perch, but belong to different genera. In fact, the exclusively saltwater-dwelling red drum is often referred to as a red perch, though by definition perch are freshwater fish. Though many fish are referred to as perch as a common name, to be considered a true perch, the fish must be of the family Percidae.).
The weather was marginal, but the meal excellent
Mind-boggling and somehow queasy to think, and realise, there being people on this little Planet still suffering from famine… and there I am, once more, taking my own little airplane, solo, to fly 40 minutes away to get some good fish…

Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland

And no more pics??

Well, I‘ll help out. Decided to drill a few holes in the sky this evening as a weekend starter. 30 minutes over the Odenwald with 235 hp.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Went to a very nice smoke sauna..

EETU, Estonia

Idyllic settings @ivark, this place looks sooo peaceful (until you start your engines, that is )

@boscomantico, ok, not from yesterday, but from today
RASH over the Alps, but good viz and not to much _ /\ _ despite the 20+ kts winds… still, VFR Alps flying for adults today )

The Oeschienensee alt 1580m

The Oberer Grindelwaldgletscher (or what remains of it…)

And for dessert, a slice of the Eiger Nordwand

PS
Tomorrow will be a day off, so probably some RC flying.

Last Edited by Dan at 01 Jul 18:42
Dan
LSZF, Switzerland

I flew around a little bit this morning

And then washed the aircraft

Last Edited by Emir at 02 Jul 15:06
LDZA LDVA, Croatia

We organized a flying festival for kids with cancer today at Binissalem LEIS. 8 aircraft going 3 rounds, so 24 happy kids. One of my pax, 4 yo Paula (front row in the middle with a mask) wanted me to really give it a go and was thrilled with the take-off, but seemed disappointed at the rate of the ground going by at 1.000 ft. “So that’s the best you can do?”

Surely enough one of these @%#?& experimentals managed to crash our party for decent aircraft. @Dan : time for you to instill some order in your ‘milieu’. He/she even forgot to paint the aircraft properly. And nonchalantly leaving the flaps down, tsss…

Last Edited by aart at 02 Jul 15:28
Private field, Mallorca, Spain

aart wrote:

And nonchalantly leaving the flaps down, tsss…

He’s smart. People sometimes try to stand on the flaps – that’s not a good place to stand! :)

Fly more.
LSGY, Switzerland

@Aart, have to agree with ya, the whole thing is just repulsive. I hope no trend is being set here, and I’ll see what I can do, though as you might know by now, my powers are somewhat limited. The more so on Spanish grounds.
One good point though, it’s got the sissy-wheel at the rear end, and not in the front like so many others.

Dan
LSZF, Switzerland

Another trip to the islands for me. It seems everyone wants to see them from the air. Ceiling was just about okay to not need special vfr in La Rochelle’s CTA.
Yesterday the ceiling was even lower so we spent our time deciding whether or not to build own quasi mini control centre. We need something as our old radio in the corner of the club house does not allow 8.33 our new frequency needs. Mind it is half a century old and the valves must be dying.
FFPLUM have published the plans for a DIY combined radio and ADSB 1090 MHz receiver (we don’t transmit) for around £100. We already have the computer to display the ADSB and Mode S returns and can connect cheap speakers to hear the radio.
The instructors can then keep the Yaesu 250 to themselves.

France

Very nice pictures everyone, thanks for sharing!

@aart : this must have been a very rewarding day with all these kids smiling !

Indeed, the filets de perche are an absolute must in Suisse Romande. Perhaps we should organise a fly-in in Yverdon next year so everyone gets a chance to taste them…! (There are customs)

@gallois : très intéressant. Any chance that the details about this DIY receiver could be circulated beyond the FFPLUM ?

BOD
LSGY, LFSP, LFHM, Switzerland
15 Posts
Sign in to add your message