Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Not sure I have ever experienced this weather…

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

After this we should all feel extra entitled

But it is highly regional

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Guess what. Best win-win you can imagine. we need the rain down here!

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

@boscomantico

What app is that? And yes, it was truly amazing wx!

always learning
LO__, Austria

@Snoopy, SkyDemon

ESSZ, Sweden

The Alps were not easy to fly today, especially the south side. Cloud base was rather low, peaks and ridges in clouds, and showers / TS around.

Germany

Yep, I was flying in the French Maritime Alps on Saturday and Sunday, and boy was it convective. Picture taken at about 13:00 local time on the flight home tracking from Lake Geneva to WIL VOR.

Germany

OP I’m not sure at what time you took the picture but I can assure you that on my flight through the Alps in Austria yesterday the conditions were quite a bit more difficult than what your picture would have you maybe believe.

Yeah looking at Thomas_R’s post is pretty much what it was like and a bit worse.

Last Edited by hazek at 30 May 11:16
ELLX, Luxembourg

Southern Alps were even more challenging. When crossing the border from Italy to Austria visibility and cloud base improved a lot.

Nevertheless it seems reasonable that all airfields were “VFR”.

Germany

Of course, as you could see I was referring to the weather everywhere north of the Alps, from Sligo to Helsinki.

I guess you will never see VFR/CAVOKish conditions everywhere BOTH north and south of the Alps at the same time. When there is such a massive high pressure area over the north of Europe, the weather just has to be a be a bit bad in the south.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany
24 Posts
Sign in to add your message