Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Not sure I have ever experienced this weather…

Nice one just after departure this morning… as a friend replied, if nothing goes right, go left

Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland

It gets more interesting if you are crossing the Alps, with the tops in front of you, around your level, a wide wall of them, and rising at about 50fpm, at FL160, ISA+10

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Yesterday two hours after landing at Liverpool in absolute CAVOK.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

The downpours/storms are very localised.
At the 24hr Le Mans yesterday afternoon a sudden downpour localised on one small section of the track had cars spinnining all over the place.
Meanwhile further west where I was flying the visibility was super although there were convective clouds rising fast. The glider pilots loved it. Bit bumpy in patches between 1500’ and 2000’ especially in the ULM. It (le pompe) would suddenly make the a/c roll left and rise and then it would be smooth for a while.

Last Edited by gallois at 11 Jun 06:42
France

Yes; there are gaps in between the TSs. However, the sferics image updates about every 10-20s, so that is pretty well a real time image of huge TSs. The IR image updates every 15 mins IIRC.

Golze ADL is great.

Administrator

These images tend to make things look worse than they really are. Just flew from Northern Germany to Rome on Wednesday and back today. Didn’t touch a cloud and was actually a piece of cake. Some weather “here and there”
is actually normal in the summer months. As long as it isn’t too organized its just a matter of adjusting one’s timing a bit and some slight route variations. Of course, today’s weather tools, including, but not only, the Golze, make it easier.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

And it has collapsed pretty fast:

I hope this clears up soon because in some recent years much of mainland Europe was unflyable for week after week during the summer.

Administrator

34kts is not the point to give up. At least not for me but it‘s a strange weather condition this year

This was on the isle of Jersey on tuesday. So we had some nice days on the CI

EDWF, Germany

Yes, and that wind was in the forecast for the CI since the middle of last week. We therefore skipped Alderney last weekend.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

You can see the isobars getting squeezed where the C.I. are

Administrator
24 Posts
Sign in to add your message