Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Urgent question for PA46 Jetprop pilots

If there is a FP in the system, you can fly, otherwise you can’t! Nothing to do with ATC, surely?

The context here is using “RMK/RTECOORATC” to force flight plans in Eurocontrol due to system limitations, this is monitored by ATC…

Last Edited by Ibra at 26 Oct 10:01
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

Indeed this is done via eurocontrol. The TB21 had the same issue; it can do FL250 but EC had the FL200 of the TB20 set up for both. I got it raised. I am sending you a PM with the contact, but it is very old.

OTOH this must have been solved. Is there not a type like P46T?

Thanks Peter. Nice to know I am not the only Type to have this issue.

There is a PA46T type, and which is actually my official type designation. But Eurocontrol seems to think this is only applicable to the Meridian/M600, which are more than 2.0 tonnes.

Upper Harford private strip UK, near EGBJ, United Kingdom

Thanks for all the interesting suggestions. I had not heard of any of them. When I get time tonite I will try autorouter or even call Eurocontrol. The “RMK/RTECOORATC” thing is interesting.

The actual route I am trying to fly is Rhodes to Nis in Serbia LGRP to LYNI. I am being bloody minded about it as I really want to fly into Serbia for the experience. The same routing problem occurs any route north along the Agean from Rhodes, I tried getting valid routes to say Belgrade or Sofia with no luck too. I suspect is due to the vicinity of Turkish airspace? But if it all fails I will just file to Brac or close by in Croatia. Its just for refuelling to get to Sion LSGS finally that day.

Also BTW, something else I learned which might be useful. Rhodes operates 24h!! Start contrast to all other Greek airports. Perhaps it is dual civilian/military. Initially they said I could only park for an hour. But when I pleaded and pointed out it was the end of the season they relented and let me park overnight.

Upper Harford private strip UK, near EGBJ, United Kingdom

Buckerfan wrote:

There is a PA46T type, and which is actually my official type designation. But Eurocontrol seems to think this is only applicable to the Meridian/M600, which are more than 2.0 tonnes.

Are you saying you are filing with the piston PA46 type in order not to be incorrectly billed enroute charges for >2t? Then I would say send Eurocontrol a fleet declaration, declaring that your particular registration has MTOW XXX < 2t (might need to send proof in form of extracts from POH or similar), and file under the correct P46T type. That’s e.g. how “reduce MTOW to 1999kg” STCs work…

ELLX

Rhodes operates 24h!!

That’s because the 18-30 Club customers need 24hrs to digest enough of the alcohol to be able to walk up the steps to the A320.

Corfu is H24 for the same reason (Kavos)

Then I would say send Eurocontrol a fleet declaration, declaring that your particular registration has MTOW XXX < 2t (might need to send proof in form of extracts from POH or similar), and file under the correct P46T type. That’s e.g. how “reduce MTOW to 1999kg” STCs work…

I have also heard that the “borderline cases” e.g. a Seneca with the 2T STC applied will get billed, until you send a copy of the STC etc to Eurocontrol. That would seem correct since EC has no way of knowing who has done the STC.

However I would be amazed if this had not already been addressed for the Jetprop. There must be a high 2 digit number of these in Europe, and all are flying in the EC system. And every JP will be < 2T. It amazes me how few replies there are on this so I will keep it promoted on the home page (my daily task after getting out of bed) for a while.

I am also amazed RR (who charge a fair whack for their services, and would have ~zero customers if it wasn’t for most of their customers flying pricey hardware) don’t know of a solution.

In this case, Buckerfan, I would file yourself as a Meridian just to get a FP into the system, and argue afterwards that you weren’t, to get a refund of the 100 quid or so

Note there are two issues here: possibly incorrect route charge billing, and a definitely incorrect operating ceiling (the OP issue).

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Perhaps it is dual civilian/military. Initially they said I could only park for an hour. But when I pleaded and pointed out it was the end of the season they relented and let me park overnight.

It pays to be pushy, lot of military bases that are open to civilians don’t want “visitors aircraft” parked overnight, only available for quick stops to drop passengers or pick fuel

• I was told in France because “they do clean apron every night with soap & water”
  • I was told in UK because “security threats”

Bizarrely, these are not issues in US?

Last Edited by Ibra at 26 Oct 13:42
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

Is there not a type like P46T?

There is and that may be the problem

I have just checked a few routes that I fly at F270 on EuroFPL and they all validate using aircraft type P46T, if I change the type to PA46 you get what Buckerfan says …CRUISING FLIGHT LEVEL INVALID OR INCOMPATIBLE WITH AIRCRAFT PERFORMANCE

Peter wrote:

ATC will let you depart if there is an FP in the system, otherwise they won’t. They don’t care about anything else to do with the aircraft.

ATC won’t care, but Eurocontrol will. They have made pretty clear that they would check with ATC (after the flight, I guess) that you actually did coordinate if you used RMK/RTECOORATC.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

What can they do, after the flight?

It is like this.

You could ask for FL270 after departure, “to avoid”.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I always use aircraft type P46T and have never been asked to pay Euro Control Route Charges…
P46T also covers the M500 which had a 1,999Kg STC.

E

eal
Lovin' it
VTCY VTCC VTBD
Sign in to add your message