Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Good airport for Disneyland Paris?

Hi guys,

so I have been tasked by my wife and girls to bring them to Disneyland Paris. We would like to fly there, and l started looking for some decent airfields there.

I narrowed down the destination to about three airfields: LFPL, LFPE and LFPK. All three seem to be a short driving distance from the park, but it looks like LFPL (Lognes Emerainville) could be the best bet: Two decent runways (700m asphalt, 1100m dirt), both Avgas and Jet-A (I would fly there either in a diesel DA40, or my upcoming PA28). I looked around for some Pirep’s and also in the Euroga database, but there seems to be very little info about those fields. Does any of you have some experience with either of those fields?

Thanks
Lukas

LOWI,LIPB, Italy

I used to instruct at Lognes (LFPL), it’s convenient for Disneyland either by taxi all the way or better using taxi or walk to “Lognes station” then train (RER A) , if you looking for JetA/Avgas without using your own Total Card make sure you make your own arrangement with refuel trucks, usually they are around when Helicopters and Aeroclubs are operating

Make sure you are familiar with VFR entry/exit and circuit: it’s a tight corner in Golf with lot of traffic both ways but it’s managed by “proper VFR ATC” (tower & ground as it sits under 1500ft amsl Class A), also no one manages the airport: the exit with digi-code is near the tower or you can use aeroclub hangars, no permission required (you will struggle to pay landing fee and parking as you have to call some lady in LeBourget and send her a cheque with euros), just land & park and go have fun in Disneyland !

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

@Ibra thank you, very appreciated. I still need to get used that one needs a Total card for refuelling.

As for the exit, how is one supposed to know the digi code?

LOWI,LIPB, Italy

I went to Lognes once. No particularities to mention of what you can expect on top of a good preparation.
As mentioned by Ibra have a good look at the VFR entry/exit and circuit which is particular.
We were VFR and below the class A TMA.
Some additional elements I remember, coming from Belgium we were able to see Disneyland from the air but we had to mind vicinity of Meaux (LFPE).

jfw
Belgium: EBGB (Grimbergen, Brussels) - EBNM (Namur), Belgium

lukepower wrote:

As for the exit, how is one supposed to know the digi code?

Isn’t there a law that says that you have to use either 1013 or the radio frequency of the field for such doors?

Just kidding: I don’t remember the code but last time I’ve been there there was a sign at the exit with the code.

Germany

Yes there are definitely some airside instructions on how to go back on you own

Last Edited by Ibra at 18 Mar 17:42

Good, thanks!
Well, looks like we will pay a visit there in April :)

LOWI,LIPB, Italy

Lognes. Every time

Pig
If only I’d known that….
EGSH. Norwich. , United Kingdom

Ibra wrote:

Yes there are definitely some airside instructions on how to go back on you own

And you could tell us… but then you’ll have to kill us, right?

Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland

Haha, I just completely forgot how I did get out & in last time but definitely in Lognes we did not have to jump or use this?

Last Edited by Ibra at 21 Mar 15:42
11 Posts
Sign in to add your message