Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Abolition of customs airfield requirement for Germany?

Thank you for this pointer. In my understanding

• The addition by 2020/877 of sub-iv of article 141(1)(d) closes the circle for foreign aircraft coming in (it deals with “temporary admission” of inter alia “means of transport”). So in particular it does not close the circle for aircraft in free circulation (union goods) in the EU, nor for the “not to declare” goods carried (e.g. personal items of crew and passengers and below-the-threshold goods exported or imported). These were already OK by 2016/651.
  • The addition by 2020/877 of sub-v of article 141(1)(d) closes the circle for aircraft that were once in free circulation (union goods) but were exported and are then reimported within three years. This certainly doesn’t close the circle for ANY DEPARTING (from EU to outside of EU) aircraft (so I deduce these were already OK by 2016/651) I’m not 100% sure if:
    • EITHER this only closes the circle for aircraft that were “really exported” as in “sold to non-EU person and based out of the EU for some time”, and thus in particular does not close the the circle for aircraft based in the EU, but that just make a flight of a day / week / month outside of the EU (and these were already OK by 2016/651)
    • OR a flight departing the EU and landing outside the EU (even only 1 second) is considered an “export” and then the return flight is considered a “return under article 203 of the Code”, meaning this closes the circle for the RETURN (but not the departure) of EU aircraft.
ELLX
111 Posts
Sign in to add your message