Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Z flight plan in Germany

The operator can fly whatever he is willing to spend on supporting avionics and whatever he can get inserted into his national-CAA-approved ops manual - correct?

Yes, though if he spends most of his time flying into airfields with conventional approaches, you can understand why he might not bother.

covering 8NM per minute would mean a groundspeed of 480KT not 250kt

EDxx, Germany

What about IFR area charts you get with your Jepp subscripion. Sometimes there up to 3 frequencies in TMA areas, but most rectangular boxes contain one frequency. If you pick the wrong one in areas with dynamic frequency allocation, ATC will give you the right one.

United Kingdom

What about IFR area charts you get with your Jepp subscripion

Almost nobody I know flies with the Jepp IFR charts.

If you buy a Jeppview sub, you can install it on four machines but you get just one set of charts with it. So most of the people who might use the approach charts from it, only one will have the airway charts.

I used to buy them, till about 2006, but have not used them since I've been printing strip charts out of Flitestar. They do make good sunshades though...

Yes, though if he spends most of his time flying into airfields with conventional approaches, you can understand why he might not bother.

Yes, very much so. I would be facing a 5 figure payout for LPV for example, and most places I go to outside the UK have an ILS.

But they then need a solid IFR alternate or two.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

This is a different way:

EDAZ

f you don't succeed in getting the right frequency, go on the guard frequency 121.500 and you will get someone (hopefully, can also take some time) and they will ask you to switch to another frequency. The airliners always have guard standby and if they make a mistake in switching frequency, ATC will call them on guard as well.

I was surprised at the amount of traffic on 121.500 when I flew to Antwerp from Groningen. Maastricht guard if I remember correct, calling up airliners. Never heard that in Sweden.

26 Posts
Sign in to add your message