Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Contact frequencies for Z flights plans for Germany

Just got this from Achim

Apparently when departing on a Z plan, you never know how to get an IFR pickup in Germany. Luftwaffe had the same problem and decided to create a chart.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

you never know how to get an IFR pickup in Germany

I am used to call Flight Information Service first to get the appropriate Radar frequency. This works fine and sometimes I even get the squawk from FIS.
But nice to have this chart though.

Berlin, Germany

autorouter’s briefing packs now contain this chart if your flight plan has a flight rule change within Germany (with the route drawn into the chart as you can see in the above picture).

The FIS frequency isn’t always easy to get especially since IFR pilots tend to be sparsely equipped with VFR maps. On a nice sunny day, it can be next to impossible make connection with FIS in Germany. Also FIS as an intermediate step really doesn’t add any value for an IFR pickup and can be skipped.

In the above example (flying eastbound) you can see that it’s pretty pointless to call the Langen sector on 125.050MHz as it only takes a few minutes to the Munich sector.

I also like the “emergency pull-up” altitudes. In case of doubt, I do it like Luftwaffe — pull my aircraft up 90° and climb vertically until reaching the given altitude

Last Edited by achimha at 14 Sep 18:32

Germany is rather flat !! :-)

Excellent! I have been in need of this data at least twice before. Thanks!

ESMH
5 Posts
Sign in to add your message