Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

European PIREPs ?

I checked our Belgium briefing site and here I could not find PIREPs anywhere. Disappointing. But it shows not every country has this.

ELLX, Luxembourg

UdoR wrote:

Now as you say it I noted that this also exists in Germany, accessible through the DWD weather service:

I found it on the Swedish briefing site as well. Three current reports, all at FL300+

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Now as you say it I noted that this also exists in Germany, accessible through the DWD weather service:

I assume that ATC must actually enter PIREPs there.

Will take that into my flight prep and report in some time whether it’s useful for GA.

Last Edited by UdoR at 28 Apr 13:16
Germany
ELLX, Luxembourg

Not an ATCO but I do know this exists:

ELLX, Luxembourg

Hmmm, no For a working system, there must be a database which can be interrogated via some suitable means, for some location described by a circle or similar.

The US has got that, and that’s one reason why in the US you could (in years past) got busted for a departure into PIREP’d icing conditions in a non-FIKI aircraft.

Looking at posts early in this thread I suspect Europe does have something similar but the access to it is not known to GA.

I am sure one of the many ATCOs who are on EuroGA will be able to post if such a system exists e.g. a data entry and a query facility. It might exist only for airlines i.e. ACARS access for retrieval.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Hm? Voice over the actual frequency…

Germany

Apart from random ATC mentions, what is the distribution system?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I often hear airliners reporting icing and turbulence to ATC and I always report both if heavier than low. ATC relays this info to traffic potentially affected.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Maybe if pilots in Europe sent them we would have them?

ELLX, Luxembourg
45 Posts
Sign in to add your message