Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

EASA ATO for SE-IR to ME-IR Upgrade?

Malta School of Flying has FNPT2, P2006T, and does a lot of conversions etc. Plenty low cost flights to Malta. Decent weather, accommodation, all the approaches you need at LMML. PM me for details if required.

NeilC
EGPT, LMML

One more: Aerodynamics Malaga. Their twins are Beech Duchesses.

PilotX wrote:

I’m doing the SEP CB-IR after my EIR with them

What is their training program for that? like UK IMCR => CBIR? or more like FAA IR => CBIR?

Last Edited by Ibra at 15 Oct 09:24
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

I can add one more: EFTC at Groningen EHGG. They are also used to ‘non standard’ training. I’m doing the SEP CB-IR after my EIR with them but they do conversions or full training SEP, MEP and a lot more. There is a SIM, DA 42 and they do actual training on a DA 42. Hotels on the airport I actually don’t know but Groningen is close by and a very nice city.

EHLE, Netherlands

As you have not posted whether you already chose an ATO, I would like to add Flugschule Ardex from Kyritz (EDBK).
They are very friendly and forthcoming, and open to unusual cases and individual paths. I did the ATO part of my single engine CB-IR with them.

For multi-engine they have an approved FSTD (SIM) and for the practical part you can choose between DA42 and a PA44. They also offer nice on-site accommodation.

EDXN, ETMN, Germany

I know of two people who trained at https://flightacademy.eu in Kalmar, Sweden. One did a full CPL/MEP/IR course and the other did a conversion from a South African licence. Both rated it very highly. They have a DA-42 simulator and accommodation available on the airfield. Don’t know how they compare price wise though.

Derek
Stapleford (EGSG), Denham (EGLD)

If you come prepare, there is an ATO in Italy that will do it in a weekend, including check ride

At its discretion the state of licence issue may approve a reduced training course on the basis of an equivalent rating in a third-country licence, in accordance with art 3(b) in Commission Delegated Regulation (EU) 2020/723. That article requires the applicant to comply with the technical (experience) requirements laid down in Part-FCL. The relevant requirement is that the holder of a Part-FCL single-engine IR, who wishes to apply for a multi-engine IR for the first time, receives “at least 5 hours instruction in instrument flying in multi-engine aeroplanes, of which 3 hours may be in an FFS or FNPT II.” Appendix 6 A.9 or Aa.10. This will have been satisfied during training for a UK Part-FCL IR-SPA-ME. It is therefore conceivable that the EASA state of licence issue would approve a reduced course following an ATO recommendation.

The alternative route in Appendix 6 Aa.8, under which applicants with 50 PIC IFR hours and an ICAO IR can obtain a Part-FCL IR without doing a prescribed number of hours of training at an ATO, is subject to AMC8 to Appendix 6 which specifies that 15 of the PIC IFR hours should have been completed in a multi-engine aeroplane. This AMC condition is applied by Austrocontrol according to item 4(f) in its application form (pdf link).

London, United Kingdom

Prob90 EPAG NG in Merville can do this. Let me know if you need their details.

LFHN - Bellegarde - Vouvray France

EASA FCL call for 5hr conversion time.

Last Edited by Niner_Mike at 10 Sep 08:38
Abeam the Flying Dream
EBKT, western Belgium, Belgium
17 Posts
Sign in to add your message