Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Credit cards blocked when travelling (and fraud generally)

The loss I had (identical method) used Regions Bank – a US bank set up for poor people with little or no ID and maybe no fixed address.

Out of interest how did that idea arise? I’m trying to imagine somebody trying to open a US bank account with little or no ID, given the banking (tax collection) laws that apply. It is true that nobody in the US has a registered address – your address is what you say it is at any particular moment and if somebody wants you to prove it to their satisfaction they might ask to see a utility bill.

I’m not familiar with Regions Bank as they operate mainly in the southeast corner of the US, but they have 1,454 physical branches and seemingly the same other attributes as any other retail banking chain.

Last Edited by Silvaire at 26 Feb 23:35

My instance was an aircraft for sale. I offered the police the contact landline phone number and the bank account number while the scammer still thought I was hooked. They weren’t interested.

That’s absolute failure of police doing their job.

Last Edited by Emir at 26 Feb 22:08
LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Yes; I don’t know why the UK police do this. They have always been like that; I recall some appalling laziness examples from 40 years ago.

The trash papers claim they spend their time reading social media and enforcing “hate speech” etc etc but I don’t believe that, and anyway they would need a court order every time they want to go after somebody, to get their details from the utterly useless outfits like FB. And it would be a multi-stage process because so many people are on FB under nicknames and gmail addresses.

That said, the police seem to have major problems in every country, in their “customer interface”. The UK police are actually quite passive nowadays and keep away from anything that needs a brain to be switched on. If they carried a 9mm, the result (much more arrogance) would be just like every other police force.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message