Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

First SF50 Cirrus Jet chute pull - N77VJ

Into outer space?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Those who fly with a chute are happy that it’s there. Those who don’t have one feel the need to justify why they don’t need/shouldn’t have one.

No pilot ever thought they were going to kill themselves, yet people regularly get themselves into bad situations and crash. Many such situations could be saved by a parachute, so why anyone would have a problem with a chute pull is beyond me.

United Kingdom

Many such situations could be saved by a parachute, so why anyone would have a problem with a chute pull is beyond me.

You’re right but for me in this particular thread the main question is why they took off into pretty predictable bad weather and brought themselves in life threatening situation. That’s beyond me.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Maybe they fancy an SF50 G2+ ?

EBST, Belgium

the main question is why they took off into pretty predictable bad weather and brought themselves in life threatening situation.

Some commercial pressure: the sterotype of SF50 flying for business…they should have weather radar and data-links and ATC have weather radar precipitations overlay? this is typical Florida afternoon weather there are plenty of gaps and plenty airports but definetly not the kind of days where you are looking to land at 3pm for 3.30pm client meeting

I was looking to fly in similar afternoon from Exumas to Florida, we went freestyle VFR though I delayed departure by 4h, delayed landing 2h after missing my landing gap, had to fly 50nm downwind and 50nm final for 2nd attempt then, I landed at 11pm instead of 4pm, I think having some flexibility helps: 8h fuel endurance and plenty of accessible airports with nothing important, altough, everyone who was waiting for us that afternoon simply gave up on waiting: friends, hotel reception, restaurant, flying school, ATC, FBO staff, US customs…

Under IFR in the right capable aircraft, they could have managed to avoid and fit within 30min delay rather than driving through?

Last Edited by Ibra at 27 Sep 07:18
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom
25 Posts
Sign in to add your message