Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

First SF50 Cirrus Jet chute pull - N77VJ

Note sure what is acceptable? it’s relative but I gather jets have tighter envelopes for engine & wings on turbulence and windsheer encounters compared to pistons, they definitely require accurate flying and will tend rely more on autopilot for that, although, some salesmans claim those V-tail on Vision Jets makes the rides smoother in convective weather on hot days and behind the ridge on windy days, from my aerodynamics studies I failed to get an intuition I think someone who flew both SR22 & SF50 in strong thermals or strong winds would be able to opine on this

Last Edited by Ibra at 25 Sep 12:11
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Do the above tafs/metars indicate turbulence sufficient for one to lose control? Does anyone have a radar image for the place and time?

I cannot imagine pulling a chute on an intact plane. You slow right down and keep wings as level as you can.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Plenty of historical data showing airframe failure in severe convective or rotor turbulence. Even strut wing Cessnas which are about the most robust in GA.

Cirrus also trains to pull the chute in an emergency before you are outside the chute deployment envelope. Losing the tailplane might do that for you goggle eyes

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

Remember it’s Florida afternoon weather when temperature and dew point raise 10C every hour until they both hit 45C

Last Edited by Ibra at 25 Sep 13:28

Is it certain the aircraft will descend after pulling the chute in a CB?

Maoraigh
EGPE, United Kingdom

Maoraigh wrote:

Is it certain the aircraft will descend after pulling the chute in a CB?

what goes up, must come down…….. eventually……

EDL*, Germany

Steve6443 wrote:

what goes up, must come down…….. eventually……

More than one parachutist had bad experiences with this.

Berlin, Germany

There was one paraglider who flew FL330 in a cell and survived, the other one got killed by lightning

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ewa_Wi%C5%9Bnierska

Last Edited by Ibra at 26 Sep 18:48

More than one parachutist had bad experiences with this.

What happened?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

What happened?

Sucked up by Cb.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia
Sign in to add your message