Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Corporate Aircraft

It’s only applicable to aircraft with over 11K hours or more, so won’t affect most of the personal GA fleet.

I think it’s only applicable by ac serial number as well.

Michael wrote:

an inspection that requires just a few hours labour

…every 50 hours.

EGKB Biggin Hill

RobertL18C wrote:

There I try and be nice about legacy MEPs and then this comes along:

https://www.avweb.com/avwebflash/news/FAA-Issues-Cessna-Twin-AD-230310-1.html
Lots of surplus big bore turbocharged Continentals on the horizon :)

For the 421 Series, the “inspection” part is due @ 12,000H TIS and the “replacement” part is due @ 24,000H TIS

I seriously doubt that this AD affects even 10% of the fleet at best and even then it’s just an inspection that requires just a few hours labour.

Last Edited by Michael at 16 Feb 09:03
FAA A&P/IA
LFPN

There I try and be nice about legacy MEPs and then this comes along:

https://www.avweb.com/avwebflash/news/FAA-Issues-Cessna-Twin-AD-230310-1.html

Lots of surplus big bore turbocharged Continentals on the horizon :)

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

Early CJ1 or Classic Citationjet. Once you fly a jet you will never go back.

Darley Moor, Gamston (UK)

AirV wrote:

I don’t think there is anything that can beat Diamond DA62 in total cost. But it has little under 200kt high speed cruise at 192kt and no pressurization.

That’s what Diamond would like you to believe … Real world is 180K cruise, 192 flat out, which is what a ’70s Cessna 310 will do but with more useful load and at a fraction of the cost.

Last Edited by Michael at 14 Feb 18:42
FAA A&P/IA
LFPN

Thanks everyone for all the great inputs!

-ESMP-
ESMP, ESMV

I am hosting a mini-seminar on Single Engine Turbine operations for private- and corporate, in Norway next week. There will be presentations on TBM ownership (from a TBM owner), PC-12 ownership (owner and dealer), SET maintenance strategies (Part 145 MRO) and Regs/Ops (me). PM me if you want to come.

(Planning to host these events bi-annualy, and the next one will be september/october timeframe)

Last Edited by NorFlyer at 02 Feb 14:32
Norway, where a gallon of avgas is ch...
ENEG

If you want to check the performance of the PC-12 there is an app for that. Search App Store for “PC-12 Digital Afm” and you will find something.

Normal BEM is probably between 6200 and 6700 lbs.

ESSZ, Sweden
31 Posts
Sign in to add your message