Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Bose A20 upgrade

Did anyone who applied for this get a reply from Bose?

I also sent an email as in the first post and got the price and was told to send a request with what model I want.
I have done this and so far haven’t heard from Bose at all?

Cheers

Evo400

no ANR change but an improved auto power Off functional is also included in the new generation A20 cables

No change to the ANR module

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

Pity I just got my Bose A20’s repaired under warranty and they replaced my BT cable only a few weeks ago.

Now, I wonder does this offer apply only to A20’s that had bluetooth module already, because if not I think 150€ is a great upgrade value for people that have older A20s with no bluetooth module.

I would like the streaming capabilities like zulu’s but still 150€ might be expensive just for that. Unless they improved ANR or something else.

Evo400

Not worth the money, i think. I have a couple of 3.5 mm cables in the plane (they come with the A20) and sometimes the kids use them to connect their headset to an ipod or ipad … i don’t really need BT for that

Yes… the way to do this stuff with these rechargeable-battery-gadgets is to velcro it out of sight, and address the battery issue by having an aircraft-powered power supply similarly velcroed out of sight, and removing the battery from the said product and powering it directly via wires such that its on/off switch is bypassed so it comes on with the aircraft power.

The reason for removing the rechargeable battery is that it will go totally flat after each flight which will eventually shag it, it then goes short-circuit, and the whole device stops working (even when the power is applied), and might even get hot (or worse) next time the power comes on. Been there, done that many times with e.g. mounting bluetooth GPS receivers in cars.

Currently I am looking for a bluetooth EGNOS GPS which supports both standard NMEA and the Apple-hacked protocols concurrently and which has an external antenna socket and an external power socket. I am very sure there isn’t one, so I will have to buy something and hack it.

Off topic somewhat but relevant to bluetooth headset applications, which are otherwise pretty well limited to getting music from a smartphone.

But, hey, the smartphone is going to need in-flight charging otherwise, after a flight of a few hours, there isn’t going to be much left in there

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

Of course… yet another battery to charge

And yet another cable – I am personally not a fan of a Kabelsalat and definitely don’t want it in my cockpit.

LSZH, LSZF, Switzerland

There must be loads of bluetooth transmitters with a Line input. The 1st one hereexample. Of course… yet another battery to charge so this is a poor solution for getting warnings into your headset.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I tried the music thing a couple of times on VFR flights, but have given up on that, because I found it detracts me from the aviate-part of flying plus I need to hear the engine at least a bit to feel confident.

Last Edited by Dooga at 15 Aug 07:42
EDDS, Germany

Peter wrote:

How would you couple the 495’s warnings to a bluetooth headset?

I can’t. If you want to connect a device (a 495 or a tablet) and are looking for options – one is cable, another is Bluetooth. If the headset doesn’t support BT the device doesn’t matter – the option BT is out. But if it does, you have more options.

LSZH, LSZF, Switzerland
25 Posts
Sign in to add your message