Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Upgrading Bose A20 g1

I have a 1st gen Bose A20 (~2010ish). I was ordering the renew-kit yesterday and I see Bose sell the upgraded controller/cable

Does it improve anything besides “proper” Bluetooth? Worth the 320 euros to get a “new” A20?

Last Edited by NorFlyer at 11 Nov 06:48
Norway, where a gallon of avgas is ch...
ENEG

Short answer – no. The difference is the full Bluetooth functionality

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

That’s what I thought. But I have the same feeling that I have when there are apps on my phone that have updates pending… I just need to get it up to date.. It’s probably a well known disorder ;)

ENEG

I have the same affliction

I did the update, @intro price of 150€ last year.
Not worth it for me, I’m too busy to listen to music when flying. What you can do though is call a cab after landing and such things.

Safe landings !
EDLN, Germany

EuroFlyer wrote:

What you can do though is call a cab after landing and such things

which of course you can do already with the original cable – not that stopped me being suckered into the upgrade Luckily it was a business expense for me.

I can never see myself listening to music in the flying I do, and I can already place calls, but that didn’t keep me from ordering it yesterday /stupid consumer monkey/

Last Edited by NorFlyer at 12 Nov 06:13
ENEG

I cant remember if the offerfrom Bose is still valid but I also did the introductory upgrade for €150. Worth checking it out.

But to summarize: Not Worth the upgrade. The only difference is that you can now stream music instead of the aux cable. All other functions remain the same!

Evo400

I flew to Trencin last year and they didn’t respond to me on their frequency. So I called them from the air during approach. The A20 bluetooth came in handy

Safe landings !
EDLN, Germany

That also works with the original cable assembly.

EHLE, Netherlands
12 Posts
Sign in to add your message